Desperately Seeking Prayers

Please pray for me. I am unemployed and my last benefits are over in early January. Due to my many weaknesses (acute shyness, panic, no self worth, a confused mind), I am having a horrible time getting a job. I know the Lord is my Saviour, but my weaknesses have prevented me from latching onto any help I’m sure He has thrown my way. I know that He can do anything, but I am so unworthy and must be blocking off what He is offering me. I am a sinful mess. It’s a long story but if you could say a little prayer for me as you read this, maybe it would be like “It’s A Wonderful Life” in the beginning where voices are going up to heaven saying “please help that girl, Lord”. Thank you so much.

I will offer you up at mass today and Adoration tonight. Kep close to the faith.

For this Advent season, welcome Jesus back into your life by going to a good confession. Jesus gave us this sacrament as a healing gift.

Find strength in God. He will help - as hard as it may be to get your prayer life going, dig deep and persevere!

I will hold you in my prayers.

[quote=snowgarden]Please pray for me. I am unemployed and my last benefits are over in early January. Due to my many weaknesses (acute shyness, panic, no self worth, a confused mind), I am having a horrible time getting a job. I know the Lord is my Saviour, but my weaknesses have prevented me from latching onto any help I’m sure He has thrown my way. I know that He can do anything, but I am so unworthy and must be blocking off what He is offering me. I am a sinful mess. It’s a long story but if you could say a little prayer for me as you read this, maybe it would be like “It’s A Wonderful Life” in the beginning where voices are going up to heaven saying “please help that girl, Lord”. Thank you so much.
[/quote]

Have faith…you can do anything through Christ…I prayed for you today.
:blessyou:

Sweetie, I just now have prayed for you.

If I may… you say that you are “unworthy.” Um… none of us are worthy of any grace that God sends our way.

Jesus says so many times in the Bible:

Be not afraid.

Sometimes He says “be not afraid” along with saying this, which I picture Jesus saying with a winsome look on his face, both eyebrows up and a wry smile and a soft voice, his eyes looking directly into mine:

Oh, you of little faith.

It’s like He says:

WHAT?!? YOU worry!??

I can tell that you have faith because you’ve already asked us to pray for you. So… may I suggest that you try something that I did not so long ago when I was out of work and it looked VERY bleak… and my unemployment was running out… and it was really late at night or really early in the day… and I was going nuts from worry! I just couldn’t get my mind to operate.

May I suggest that you read the Psalms to pick out the lines that speak what you notice that you need to hear. Write them all separately on a piece of paper… use as many sheets of paper as necessary.

I’ve got an inexpensive ($2) small, bound journal that I wrote those quotes in that helped me so that I could have them all in one place. I never realized how very many lines are in the Psalms that speak directly to my feelings of fear and worry until I did that.

Like this one from Psalm 33 that I liked so much that I put in on a sticky Post-It and put it on my bathroom mirror (so that I would always see it considering how often I go in there) so that it’s always in front of me:

Let your steadfast love be upon me, oh Lord, even as I hope in you.

The Good News is that since then the Lord has given to me a series of jobs… temp ones… that actually made me as much as I needed to get by and now I’m making more than I need for each day.

Gave a new meaning to the words:

“Give us this day our DAILY bread.”

You’ll be fine, my friend. REALLY.

As I heard Bishop George say:

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.*

another one that’s on a Post-It, still have taped to the side of my computer monitor:

God will not be outdone in His generosity.*

I’m still, 2 years later, thanking God for His coming through for me. Just when I’d been so down in the dumps and very scared, somehow I got the strength to try ONE more time.

Wow!

Hang in there, kiddo. Or… not… just leave it up to God.

And then, as they say…

Pray, sailor, but row for shore.

I don’t think I’d have gotten through all that time without other people praying for me. I’m praying for ya, too!

Meantime, although I know it might be difficult for you… just choose to:

hope, and trust, and be not afraid!

:heart: :coffee: :thumbsup:

Praying for you!

My dear patron Fathers, please pray for this intention.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.