Despite few followers, "Pope Michael I" holds to beliefs

This would be funny if it wasn’t true.

kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/11764298.htm

Cannot access the article since I am not a subscriber, but I was able to access it here:

showmenews.com/2005/May/20050528News008.asp

PF

That… is pretty funny. it reminds me of Mr. Show when they founded Newfoundmontana. bizarre, but funny. lol :smiley:

:rotfl: completely bizarre :bigyikes:

Wow, bizarre indeed.

Wouldn’t it be great if the SSPX were to come back into communion with Rome?

[quote=Jayson]Wow, bizarre indeed.

[/quote]

I think it would be great.

So, instead of the Avignon papacy we have the Topeka papacy?

that guy is the pope TRUST ME, HE IS i am a klingon Jedi knight and we never lie.

sombody give poop michel his medication PLEASE!!!

[quote=Jayson]Wow, bizarre indeed.

[/quote]

How do you, out of the blue, drag the SSPX into this?

[quote=gelsbern]How do you, out of the blue, drag the SSPX into this?
[/quote]

Because they are mentioned in the article.

This certainly IS bizarre! All of these traditionalist sects, IMO, are manifestations of protestantism. After all, just like Protestants take it upon themselves to interpret scripture, these people take it upon themselves to interpret tradition. Just as protestantism is not a united movement, but fragmented (as Our Lord said, those who do not gather with me will scatter), there isn’t a united traditionalist front–(are we do believe one of the sedevacantist sects that don’t believe there is a pope at all, or one of the sects that has elected its own pope, or the SSPX which says Benedict XVI is the pope but choose not to submit to him?) And both are extreme reactions to abuses in the church–like throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Holy Mother Church is the sole, infallible interpreter of her own Bible and Traditon. Sure there are many abuses in the church which are being promoted as “the spirit of Vatican II.” But I think it’s easy to forget that one of the greatest virtues is longsuffering obediance.
And as for

My home is Rome . . . but I don’t see getting there until Benedict XVI moves out of my apartment.

. . . :bigyikes: and :rotfl:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.