Detectives: Hard-Boiled or Egg Head?

OK mystery fans: your favorite detectives: Hard-Boiled (example Mike Hammer, Kojak, Sam Spade, V. I. Warshawski, etc.) or Egg Head (Columbo, Monk, Sherlock Holmes, etc.). I am for the Egg Head with Columbo being my favorite.

That’s funny, I never thought of Columbo as an egg head before, but you’re right. And he is also one of my favorites from tv, as is Jessica Fletcher. Both egg heads. I love Hercule Poirot and Jane Marple, also. Two more egg heads. I totally prefer the “exercising of the little gray cells”. :thumbsup:

Both! Sam Spade is just as much fun as Sherlock.

“Monk” is one of my very favorite shows. I absolutely adore the character.

Agatha rocks!

A mixture of the two: Robert Parker’s Spenser Novels, or his more flawed Jesse Stone comes to mind right away.

Then there’s Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum–“egg on her face”.:smiley:

I’ve been a Sherlock Holmes fan since childhood. Read the canon through at least once a year.

I consider Holmes both hard-boiled and egg-headed.

According to Watson, he was a machine.

I love my egg heads like Monk, Sherlock holmes M iss Marple, Hercule Poirot, but I love them hard b oiled as well.
So give me a bit of both. By the way: MONK ROCKS!
So do the detectives of the LAW&ORDER franchises which are a bit of both.

To add to the hard-boiled list: Philip Marlowe. :wink:

I voted Other because I like them both, and some detectives can be either one. :cool:

“It’s a jungle out there…”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.