Dethroned Miss California Carrie Prejean To Publish Tell-All

"Dethroned Miss California Carrie Prejean To Publish Tell-All

Carrie Prejean – who famously opposed gay marriage during the Miss USA pageant’s Q&A segment – has a new book deal.

The dethroned beauty queen will tell her tale in Still Standing, to be released in November 2009.

Her book will detail what happened behind the scenes at the pageant, why she answered the gay marriage question as she did, and what she believes really led to her losing the Miss California crown. "

Source: etonline.com/news/2009/07/76590/

Why is this not a surprise? :o

I wish her well with the book sales. I think there will still be a market for for the book in November, if she can stay in the news.

She’d probably sell more calendars or wall posters. I’d buy one. :smiley:

I’ve wondered all along if that question wasn’t a set up. Why would a beauty pageant need to know a contestant’s position on such a controversial issue? They must have known she had religious convictions about it. The whole thing smelled to me. I hope she can tell us about it in her book.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It’ll be on my list of books to read. :wink:

Pax.

i think she has a story to tell and i would like to hear her whole story.

i also think the question had to be kind of a set up. i don’t remember if the judge was selected randomly.

anyhow, i can’t see what qualifications perez hilton would have to want him as a a judge at a beauty contest anyway.

i hope people will still be interested in the story by november.

THIS GUY! lol… :tsktsk:

It will go straight to the remainder table.

Cool, so we can get it on discount! :smiley:

how come they don’t have pageants for women over 40?

just wondering… :slight_smile:

Perhaps because many, to their folly, are unable to appreciate the beauty of mature women?

There is the Mrs. America Pageant. I’m not sure of the age range, but at least these women are being celebrated for more than their “talent” and pretty faces. And there are more and more models over 30 - 40 these days because the baby-boomer generation is getting older.

As to Miss Prejean’s book being relegated to the discount bin from the get-go, I highly think that unlikely. It will probably have a limited run, unless it’s better than these sorts of books usually are, but hopefully it will show how conservatives are being targeted by the liberal left who are in control of 99% of the major media. I find it singularly disgusting that any bimbo out there can get away with anything as long as s/he holds to PC values, but let one intelligent young conservative woman dare to speak against the liberal tide and she must be vilified and destroyed. So much for fairness in the media in the good ole USA!

I don’t care if the woman is conservative or a knee-jerk liberal. An autobiography by a 22 year-old former lingerie model is a tome I can ignore.

If that’s all there was to her story I wouldn’t be interested, either. But, I am very interested in hearing from her why she was hounded out of her position as Miss CA when she did nothing wrong except voice her constitutionally protected opinion. Or isn’t the leftist agenda to force everyone, the Catholic Church included, to accept and actively support same sex marriage (by forcing churches to perform them) not of interest to us? :hmmm:

I guess they’d have to start with the president since he does not support same sex marriage. I have never heard of a government move to force churches to perform any rite.

Do you have an example?

This topic is straying.

Canada comes to mind. And to get back on the topic–what’s important about Miss Prejean’s story is the fact that she was hounded and vilified and lost her crown for doing nothing more than expressing her constitutionally protected opinion. As I understand it, she didn’t say anything against gays, as people, but simply stated that marriage is between a man and an woman. Why should she have lost her crown for saying what civilization has supported for centuries if not because the PC media decreed that she should. If that isn’t chilling–that a so-called “free press” is to set morality in this country and not be condemned by the president or anyone else in authority, what else is one to suspect other than the fact that same sex marriage is being presented as “normal” which is always the prelude to laws forcing everyone to accept it, just as the prelude to Roe. v. Wade in the media led to abortion demand becoming the law of the land. This is a red flag we can’t ignore.

Canada comes to mind.
[/quote]

:confused:

Could you tell us more of the incident(s) you have in mind?

Yes and no. She violated the terms of her contract as Miss California USA by making unapproved appearances at several anti-gay marriage rallies, and a national TV ad against gay marriage. She also skipped appearances which were scheduled by the Miss California USA organization.
today.msnbc.msn.com/id/31210117/ns/today_fashion_and_beauty-beauty_pageants/

I do agree that she was asked an inappropriate question during the pageant, and that she was hounded for her response. But she also repeatedly fueled the controversy, so its a bit hard to see her as an innocent victim. Perez Hilton’s question forced her into the political spotlight, but that she chose to become a culture warrior was her decision.

A pageant response: “You know, I believe in treating everyone the same. That subject of marriage is so much in the news right now that we’re going to have to let the courts and the politicians figure it out.”

Is that so hard? It means absolutely nothing and allows her to move on to the next question.

That’s true (but the courts and politicians are also the same ones who legalized abortion).

Anyway, what does Perez Hilton know about judging a female beauty pageant?!?! hahahaah!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Paris Hilton would’ve made a better choice.

http://doesitallmatter.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/perez-hilton.jpg

Oh yeah, and there’s no reason to fret for the former Miss California. In the end, she’s the real winner. Her name is more well know than the actual winner of the contest; she is now an unofficial spokesperson for conservatives (not bad for someone who posed for nude photos, haha); and she’s been getting all sorts of deals and invitations. Without this incident, she would’ve remained a relative unknown.

There’s a thread in this forum about a bishop being sued under their new “hate crimes” law for supporting traditional marriage.

Yes and no. She violated the terms of her contract as Miss California USA by making unapproved appearances at several anti-gay marriage rallies, and a national TV ad against gay marriage. She also skipped appearances which were scheduled by the Miss California USA organization.
today.msnbc.msn.com/id/31210117/ns/today_fashion_and_beauty-beauty_pageants/

I do agree that she was asked an inappropriate question during the pageant, and that she was hounded for her response. But she also repeatedly fueled the controversy, so its a bit hard to see her as an innocent victim. Perez Hilton’s question forced her into the political spotlight, but that she chose to become a culture warrior was her decision.

I do see her as an innocent victim. It may have been against her contract to appear at unscheduled events, but that’s not what she was castigated for or we wouldn’t be having this conversation–it was over her statement regarding same sex marriage, which she, like any other citizen of this country is entitled to hold. Besides, when has it become illegal or bad to attend anti-gay marriage rallies? Isn’t that also her right as a citizen?

A pageant response: “You know, I believe in treating everyone the same. That subject of marriage is so much in the news right now that we’re going to have to let the courts and the politicians figure it out.”

Is that so hard? It means absolutely nothing and allows her to move on to the next question.

So now people are supposed to be silent about their convictions just to be sure to win pageants? I don’t think so. I admire her for being upfront and telling it like it is, God bless her. It’s because people are afraid (to think the day would come in America when a person should be afraid to speak their mind for fear of being hounded by the “free press”) that abortion was foisted up us and every other immorality since the 60’s. Yup, let’s all sit down and shut up and let America to go hell in a hand basket. :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.