Detox

My son is in detox, this is his second time in detox, he’s been accepted into an excellent rehabilitation program for teens BUT he needs to wait for a bed. The estimated wait time is the end of November.

He’s young and he’s accepts that he needs to go into rehab but wants to go NOW. The month or so he’ll need to be in a transitional facility is causing great anxiety for him and the rest of us. Teens can’t rationalize the long term benefit versus immediate gratification. Please pray that he can dig deep and find the strength to make thru the transition and get into the rehab program.

And an extra potential benefit, the rehab program will talk to him about a higher power, AAWOL, and the guy that runs the program is Catholic. There’s a chance a lot of what I’ve been telling him about God and Catholicism will be reinforced.

Thank you, Jesus, for making things happen for this son of Revert_43. I am so happy the rehab program will reinforce what his parent has been telling him about You and Catholicism. Please grant Revert_43’s son patience and strength to hold out until he can actually obtain a bed in the rehab facility. Bless him with a successful recovery and a new and profound relationship with You to set him free from his addiction, as only You can. May he receive support and love from others and never return to unwholesome living. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Praying for your son and your family.

*Dear Revert_43,
Been there, done that …and he can make it!!! My deepest prayers will be with your son and all of you!!!
Please make sure he gets in this rehab program as soon as he is able. Even if it is not until the end of November…
make sure he goes!!!
Our son was in a Catholic-Based Drug Rehab Program and they did wonders for him!!!
Absolutely worth it!!!
GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU!!!
Angel Face

That is also one of the characteristics of being an alcoholic or drug addict as well as a teenager. Hopefully, during transition he will learn to live “One day at a time”. I am in AA, using the 12-steps and the program is a great one. I hope you will be actively involved in his recovery…get yourself an Alcoholics Anonymous book and a 12 Steps of AA book or NA. Also, learn about enabling behaviors and go to meetings yourself…NA & AA are lifetime programs. No one gets cured we only get a “daily reprieve”. Just to let you know that Catholics had a major role in the infancy of AA. One of the keys to success is surrender to God’s will and gratitude…much like St Therese of the Little Flower. Addiction & alcoholism is a family disease-everyone suffers and everyone in the family is profoundly affected by it.
I hope and pray after he goes through the pain, we all must go through that he & your family enjoy the journey…it’s a wonderful way of life.

Saint Aloysius, patron of youth, join us in our prayers and intercede for this young man.

Venerable Matthew Talbot who recovered from years of addiction to become a model of holiness and an inspiration to the addicted, please pray for this young man.

Praying they find a space for him quickly so that he doesn’t have to wait too long …

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Saint Maximillian Mary Kolbe, please intercede for us with the Lord. Ask Him to give Revert_43’s son the strength to endure, to free himself from his addiction and find the peace that only comes from Him.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee!
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Father please ensure this young man a firm purpose of overcoming his addiction and of never returning to it. Please help him to have patience to wait for the program to begin.
Venerable Matthew Talbot who recovered from years of addiction to become a model of holiness and an inspiration to the addicted, please pray for this young man.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Praying hard.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Hello everyone. Mega-thank you for all your prayers.

Here’s an update.

There’s an opiate epidemic in my area so beds in detox, holding facilities and rehab programs are just not available. Additionally, since my son is a teenager the available rehab programs are minimal and difficult to get into.

My son will be moved from the detox center into a holding facility on Monday. Insurance ran out this past Monday while waiting for a bed to open in the holding facility so we have to pay out of pocket expenses for one week in the detox center. The detox center has been accomodating so I am thankful for that!

The next step is for my son to get into the rehab program but there are no available beds. When I brought him in for the interview I was told they’d have him there by the end of November. Please continue your prayers that he’s in the rehab program by the end of November or earlier.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.