Deuteronomy 30:19

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,
that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:
therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.- Deuteronomy 30:19

Does anyone else struggle with this? I worry that I’ve “chosen death” in the past. God help us to persevere!

Take heart!

John 12:47
47 If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

Not one of us has any hope without the saving grace of God through the precious Blood of Jesus Christ. His grace is sufficient.

Thanks Po18guy! I freely chose not to love someone in the past, and their were grave consequences. I “chose” on some level that feeling nothing would be better than having to feel the pain of loving my enemy, and gave into the desire to “just let go,” instead of striving and not fainting. I know I “grieved the Holy Spirit” to “choose death,” and unnecessarily mess up in a way that cost me a couple years of my life, tens of thousands of dollars, significant stresses on my family and loved ones, and potentially making God look bad. We’ll, we know that he " works all things to good for those who love him," so I’ll persevere.

If there was sin involved, just confess it if you have not already. If you have confessed it, remember at all times that the sin is gone - destroyed by God Who remembers it no more. The purpose of you remembering it is to learn from it, not to beat yourself up with it. We have a tendency to live in the past, but this risks denying the mercy of God Who lives in the eternal present.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.