Developing a relationship with your patron Saint

I was finally Confirmed this past Pentecost Sunday. :extrahappy: So now I officially have a patron Saint. :smiley: I’ve gone so long without one though, I kinda forget he’s there for me now. :blush: How have you developed a relationship with your patron saint?

So who is this new man in your life then, eh?? :wink:

There are lots of things you can do! Read about your saint’s life, read his own writings if he’s left any, talk to him during the events of your day (not out loud, of course). Thank him when good things happen, ask his help in bad.

Read everything he wrote, and pray to him for guidance whenever you think of it.

Congratulations on your Confirmation!! :extrahappy:

Paschal Baylon. I’ve read a little bit about his life, but I’ve never even thought to look for something he’s written.

Actually, I have two… my confirmation name is Paschal Immaculata for Paschal Baylon and Mary the Immaculate Conception. The feast of the Immaculate Conception is the day before my birthday.

Thank you! :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.