Devotion to St. Michael the Archangel

Does anyone here have a devotion to St. Michael?

I’m thinking about beginning a devotion to him and feel that I am called to be a “warrior” spiritually…

What are some of your experiences/miracles with St. Michael as an intercessor? How did you choose St. Michael as a patron?

Also, if one is called to be a “prayer warrior” and have a devotion to St. Michael, what are some good reading materials on Spiritual Warfare and how to draw closer to God?

I am also Charismatic and believe in the power of praying in tongues and actually pray in tongues when the Spirit leads me to by either placing a burden in my spirit for someone or something… Does anyone else experience this gift? Would you like to share some of your experiences with me?

St. Michael’s Call

I love that site! :slight_smile:

There’s the St. Michael chaplet devotion. It’s very good. You can find many links online. I have the rosary for it and it’s very comforting.

I’m thinking about beginning a devotion to him and feel that I am called to be a “warrior” spiritually…

I believe we are all called to spiritual warriors.

What are some of your experiences/miracles with St. Michael as an intercessor? How did you choose St. Michael as a patron?

My blog/website has my experiences and they really shouldn’t be shown here. He has been a great help to me many, many times. A true friend in time of need.

Also, if one is called to be a “prayer warrior” and have a devotion to St. Michael, what are some good reading materials on Spiritual Warfare and how to draw closer to God?

Well, those two topics could take a while. There are so many, both Catholic and non-Catholic to draw from.

I am also Charismatic and believe in the power of praying in tongues and actually pray in tongues when the Spirit leads me to by either placing a burden in my spirit for someone or something… Does anyone else experience this gift? Would you like to share some of your experiences with me?

I do not have this gift. I have others.

Peace…

MW

Not a good reciprocal relationship I’m afraid. Just read the “Website News” section.

Peace…

MW

embarrassed Ok, sorry!!! This is why I keep so much thinking I need to not be active on message boards, just read, don’t post. Posting seems to always get me in trouble somewhere. :frowning: That’s where the spiritual warfare prayers were, in the St. Padre Pio section.

I apologize!

Roza,

Wait! Wait…no need to apologize. They do have some good prayers on there. Post away - we are here to talk and have a good time. As for trouble - you should see some of my posts :smiley: Their resources are good. They just don’t reciprocate the gesture. It wasn’t about you.

Peace…

MW

I can’t read the article that explains their position on CAF, but just because they have a complaint about the way the forum is run doesn’t mean that they are wrong.

Yeah, neither can I. Funny how that is. How do you know it’s wrong if you can’t read what they are saying? Pretty clear from the beginning where they stand. Doesn’t mean they are right either.

Peace…

MW

I have a special fondness for St. Michael, and invoke his help regularly, not only for my own battles in life, but for those in my family for whom he is a special patron – those who serve their communities and their countries in the police force and armed forces.

My youngest daughter was on duty 9/11 when the Pentagon was attacked. She tells me of running towards her office, which was no more, and being grabbed by a Naval officer who said “there’s nothing back there, come this way” . . . together they helped get people out of the building. I asked her how she knew in the dark and smoke it was a Naval officer and she said – “oh, he was all in white; you know the Navy uniforms, they glow in dark” (she’s a Marine). All I could think was “that was no Navy officer; that was St. Michael.” To this day, I am convinced . . .

Feast of the Archangels - Monday week, 29th. September

Michael, Gabriel and Raphael

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.