devotion to the drops of blood

Do any fellow Catholics know if the Devotion to the Precious Drops of Blood lost by Christ on His March to Calvary is approved by the Church?

Just curious, where does scripture talk of His blood being lost on the way to Calvary?

[quote="coda, post:1, topic:185234"]
Do any fellow Catholics know if the Devotion to the Precious Drops of Blood lost by Christ on His March to Calvary is approved by the Church?

[/quote]

[quote="coda, post:1, topic:185234"]

[/quote]

The Chaplet of the Precious Blood is approved by the Church; the chaplet includes a prayer in honor of the blood Our Lord shed while carrying His cross. Is that the same as the devotion you have in mind?

Thank you for the reply. No, this is a different devotion. St. Elizabeth of Hungary revealed that the Lord asked her to honer His Drops of Blood lost on the way to Calvary.

The devotion you speak of was approved by Pope Leo XIII.

This devotion has been one of my favorite for awhile now...but I came across this.

"It has been brought to our attention that the indulgences attached to the "Drops of Blood" and "Shoulder Wound" prayers were declared apocryphal in the Acta Sanctae Sedis (Acts of the Holy See), a monthly publication in Rome from 1865 to 1908 which contains principal declarations of the Pope and the Roman congregations. Its contents were declared official and authentic in 1904." olrl.org/pray/apocryphal.shtml

Apparently this prayer is not approved of? Anyone who knows any more about this, please inform me!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.