Devotion to the Most Precious Blood

i recently found out about this new version of a traditional devotion and want to share it with people:

the info on it:

devotiontothepreciousblood.com/

pdtsigns.com/Barnabas_Nwoye_Gift_of_the_Seal_Nigeria.html

queenship.org/productdetails.cfm?PC=566

from the booklet (containing the Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat) and here are just a few of the many prayers in it:

“May the Most Precious Blood that comes out from the Sacred Head of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Temple of Divine Wisdom, Tabernacle of Divine Knowledge and Sunshine of Heaven and Earth, cover us now and forever. Amen.”

Prayer of Reparation to the Precious Blood (to be recited daily and often):

Eternal Father, I offer You all the Wounds of Your dearly beloved Son, Jesus Christ, the pains and agonies of His Most Sacred Heart and His Most Precious Blood, which gushed forth from all His Wounds, in reparation for my sins and those of the whole world. Amen. (3 times)

Ceaseless Prayer of Reparation (to be said throughout the day):

Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, save us and the whole world.

“My God, My God” (to be said with Adoration Prayers)

My God, my God, I believe firmly with all my heart. I hope and sincerely trust in You. Only You I will adore forever. With true repentance and love, I fall prostrate at Your Feet; I ask pardon of You for those who do not believe and do not want to believe, for those who do not adore and do not want to adore, and for those who crucified You and are crucifying You daily. Dear Jesus, I will console You all my life. Amen.

Prayer for the Baptism of Aborted Babies:

Heavenly Father, Your love is eternal. In Your ocean of love, You saved the world through Your only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Now look at Your only son on the Cross Who is constantly bleeding for love of His people, and forgive Your world. Purify and baptize aborted children with the Precious Blood and Water from the Sacred Side of Your son, Who hung dead on the Cross for their salvation, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. May they, through the Holy Death of Jesus Christ gain everlasting life, through His Wounds be healed, and through His Precius Blood be freed. There to rejoice with the Saints in Heaven. Amen.

I have this prayer on a card. On the front, there is a picture of Christ’s head crowned with thorns and bleeding. It is a beautiful prayer.

[quote=legeorge]I have this prayer on a card. On the front, there is a picture of Christ’s head crowned with thorns and bleeding. It is a beautiful prayer.
[/quote]

i have it too! glad someone else knows about this devotion. i hope more people learn about !

okay, so i’m trying to spread this devotion. please don’t be mad at me!

if anyone takes on this devotion and has received a favor through it, here is an address you can contact:

American Headquarters
Apostolate of the Precious Blood
PO Box 3372
Tallahassee, FL 32315-3373

forgive me for bumping this again, but at least i waited a long time. and i gotta do what i can to spread the devotion.

[quote=fraggle]forgive me for bumping this again, but at least i waited a long time. and i gotta do what i can to spread the devotion.
[/quote]

Fraggle, I am so glad you did! I have never seen this prayer before, and I am very happy that I found out about this today. Thank you and God bless you for spreading this wonderful set of prayers and devotions. I am saying the two Our Fathers, Hail Mary’s and Glory Be’s for three years to consecrate the Drops of Blood that Jesus lost on the way to Calvary, but I didn’t know about the other devotions. Once again, THANK YOU!

I was greatly disturbed to hear that the Devotion to the Most Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ book could possibly be a PRIVATE DEVOTION when I recently went to Amazon looking for more of the Precious Blood Devotion books for friends and found a review there that said the following…

“I was greatly disturbed reading this book so I investigated it further and discovered that the book is based on false private revelations. You can learn more by doing a search on the internet for the Catholic Planet website, then click on the link for Claims of Private Revelations, then scroll down to the bottom of the page under False Revelations and see number 33. The Apostolate associated with this book is also a red flag, ie, false theological teachings; warnings about a former “employee” stealing money and calling people to obtain more money (this was actually written in their newsletter); etc. Please beware!”

There is an extensive evaluation on this devotion at Catholic Planet: catholicplanet.com/apparitions/false33.htm

How can we find an absolute authority on this?

I was greatly disturbed to hear that the Devotion to the Most Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ book could possibly be a PRIVATE DEVOTION when I recently went to Amazon looking for more of the Precious Blood Devotion books for friends and found a review there that said the following…

“I was greatly disturbed reading this book so I investigated it further and discovered that the book is based on false private revelations. You can learn more by doing a search on the internet for the Catholic Planet website, then click on the link for Claims of Private Revelations, then scroll down to the bottom of the page under False Revelations and see number 33. The Apostolate associated with this book is also a red flag, ie, false theological teachings; warnings about a former “employee” stealing money and calling people to obtain more money (this was actually written in their newsletter); etc. Please beware!”

There is an extensive evaluation on this devotion at Catholic Planet: catholicplanet.com/apparitions/false33.htm

How can we find an absolute authority on this?

The first link is defunct and the third link references a product about something else entirely.

I read the webpage of the middle link and it doesn’t pass the smell test.

First major red flag: referencing Uriel the archangel. The Church only recognizes Gabriel, Michael, and Raphael–the archangels revealed in the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures. Uriel is apocryphal. In the 8th century, the Church said only MGR can be reverenced as named archangels.

No true apparition would contradict Church teaching, regardless of how obscure. God can neither deceive nor be deceived.

Devotion to the Precious Blood is fine–just use the traditional form and don’t chase after apparitions–they have the potential of making mincemeat of your faith.

**RE:CATHOLIC PLANET: Ronald L. Conte Jr. **

1. Who is this man? What authority does he have? What are his credentials?
  2. There are things he labels “false teaching” when in fact, he doesnt even know if this is false or not. For example, nobody knows if the Antichrist is in the world today, yet he says this is false. What if he is?
  3. Says that Mary as Mediatrix is a false teaching: But we pray to Mary all the time. In Hail Holy Queen…Mother of Mercy…To Thee do we cry…Turn then O most Gracious Advocate…YOUR eyes of mercy …Pray for us… Sounds like a Mediatrix to me. I think Mr Conte is not seeing God as the Trinity, and who else is best to ask favors than the wife, mother and daughter of God.
  4. Another comment was someone said Putin was the antichrist and he said that was false. Again, we dont know if that is true or not. None of us will know who the Antichrist is until he enters the Temple and proclaims himself god. If this is a false teaching, then Mr Conte needs to tell us Who Is the Antichrist, to prove this statement wrong.
  5. Somewhere there he says that UFOs is a false teaching. Now I’m not one to believe in UFOs or aliens, but I believe in the Bible but I’m not sure where it is, but when the fallen angels were cast out of heaven, werent they given dominion of part of the air?
  6. He claims that those who say the ‘end is near’ and Christ is returning soon, is a false teaching. Again, no one knows when the “end” will be (and for those of us who study Biblical prophecy, it looks to me as if it will be very soon) and the Bible does state that Christ will return. So for Ronald Conte to call this a false teaching is false in itself -Christ will return, until Mr Conte can tell us WHEN Christ will return, he cannot claim this a false teaching.
  7. In some cases he justifies his false claims with a letter from their bishop (Holy Love Ministries); in other cases the opposite is true (as in Medjugorje) where the bishop was wrong. He does not show the letters from Bishops approving Holy Love. *. Mr Conte is not providing ALL the information available when commenting.
  8. re: Garbandal: Conte comments: a. [It is not true *that the Miracle will happen within 12 months of the Warning. This false conclusion is based on a comment one of the visionaries made that was misunderstood. In fact, the Miracle will occur more than 12 months and less than 18 months after the Warning.] – **Correction: I now believe **that the Miracle will happen just over 40 days from the Warning, within the same calendar year. Here, Conte first makes a claim that something is “not true” a “false conclusion” then changes it to “I now believe”…He doesn’t know himself.

All I can say regarding the Precious Blood Devotion: I pray it every day, I come closer to God, the Trinity, Jesus, Mother Mary, with every prayer. I am not laying my trust into visionaries, my trust is in God and the Precious Blood shed for my sins.

TAN Books has a nice booklet on devotion to the Precious Blood. I came across it when I went on a retreat recently and the gift shop had copies of it.

On the back of the prayer card, we pray that Jesus will purify aborted babies. Once a baby has been aborted, isn’t it too late to ask this? How can we ask God to do this? And will He do it?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.