Devotional for Sick Friend

Can someone help me do a devotion, maybe like a novina for a sick friend.

My wife and I are just becomming Catholic and don’t quite know how to do this. We managed to learn to pray the Rosary (from books and EWTN) and do that daily, “intending” in for our family members.

What can we do for this sick friend other than prayers and a candle? I know little about novinas except the appear to last for nine days. Do they have to start on a specific day? Do they have to end on the saint’s feast day?

Sometimes I think I’m not very bright :o so maybe if someone could point me to specific instructions I would appreciate it. Thanks you in advance for your help.

Ramalama,

Novenas last 9 days, but they don’t have to start or end on a specific day.

The following is a prayer for a sick person:
Almighty and Eternal God, the everlasting salvation of those who believe, hear us on behalf of your servant [name], for whom we implore the aid of your tender mercy, that being restored to bodily health, he/she may give thanks to you in your Church, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.