Devotions...

Hello!

I'm too skeptical to ask this question anywhere else. Does anyone know where I can find information about the devotion to the Shoulder Wound of Christ? I can only find the prayer and where it comes from, but not any detailed information on getting started.

I also heard on a Catholic radio station about consecrating yourself to the Most Precious Blood.

I'm looking for information about these two. Thanks!

Have you tried an internet search? I may have something in my Blessed Be God prayerbook...let me check and get back to you...

I did an internet search but I couldn't find very much. I'm also skeptical to use anything straight off the internet without an endorsement from somewhere/someone I trust.

and thank you! haha

Funny you mentioned the prayer to the shoulder wound of Jesus... I picked up a leaflet/prayer card about it just a few days ago and its in my purse. I looked up where it had gotten its written imprimatur and where we can order more online. At their store, they explained why they no longer offer this prayer card.

olrl.org/pray/apocryphal.shtml
"In lieu of this information we will no longer offer the "Drops of Blood" and "Shoulder Wound" prayer cards unless we find that there has been a later approval issued that we can verify."

Hope this helps out somewhat. :]

St Bernard of Clairveaux?

From wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_to_the_shoulder_wound_of_Jesus

'"O Loving Jesus, Meek Lamb of God, I, a miserable sinner, salute and worship the most Sacred Wound of Thy Shoulder on which Thou didst bear Thy heavy Cross, which so tore Thy Flesh and laid bare Thy Bones as to inflict on Thee an anguish greater than any other wound of Thy Most Blessed Body. I adore Thee, O Jesus most sorrowful; I praise and glorify Thee and give Thee thanks for this most sacred and painful Wound, beseeching Thee by that exceeding pain and by the crushing burden of Thy heavy Cross, to be merciful to me, a sinner, to forgive me all my mortal and venial sins and to lead me on towards Heaven along the Way of Thy Cross. Amen."According to St. Bernard, he asked Jesus which was His greatest unrecorded suffering and the wound that inflicted the most pain on Him in Calvary and Jesus answered:
"I had on My Shoulder, while I bore My Cross on the Way of Sorrows, a grievous Wound which was more painful than the others and which is not recorded by men. Honor this Wound with thy devotion and I will grant thee whatsoever thou dost ask through its virtue and merit and in regard to all those who shall venerate this Wound, I will remit to them all their venial sins and will no longer remember their mortal sins."[3

I could only find a devotion to the five wounds of Christ. Hands feet and side.

I also found a devotion to the Sacred Blood..but not a consecration to it.

[quote="Nimzovik, post:6, topic:292873"]
St Bernard of Clairveaux?

From wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_to_the_shoulder_wound_of_Jesus

'"O Loving Jesus, Meek Lamb of God, I, a miserable sinner, salute and worship the most Sacred Wound of Thy Shoulder on which Thou didst bear Thy heavy Cross, which so tore Thy Flesh and laid bare Thy Bones as to inflict on Thee an anguish greater than any other wound of Thy Most Blessed Body. I adore Thee, O Jesus most sorrowful; I praise and glorify Thee and give Thee thanks for this most sacred and painful Wound, beseeching Thee by that exceeding pain and by the crushing burden of Thy heavy Cross, to be merciful to me, a sinner, to forgive me all my mortal and venial sins and to lead me on towards Heaven along the Way of Thy Cross. Amen."According to St. Bernard, he asked Jesus which was His greatest unrecorded suffering and the wound that inflicted the most pain on Him in Calvary and Jesus answered:
"I had on My Shoulder, while I bore My Cross on the Way of Sorrows, a grievous Wound which was more painful than the others and which is not recorded by men. Honor this Wound with thy devotion and I will grant thee whatsoever thou dost ask through its virtue and merit and in regard to all those who shall venerate this Wound, I will remit to them all their venial sins and will no longer remember their mortal sins."[3

However I can not vouche for the above's validity.

[/quote]

[quote="roundcheese, post:5, topic:292873"]
Funny you mentioned the prayer to the shoulder wound of Jesus... I picked up a leaflet/prayer card about it just a few days ago and its in my purse. I looked up where it had gotten its written imprimatur and where we can order more online. At their store, they explained why they no longer offer this prayer card.

olrl.org/pray/apocryphal.shtml
"In lieu of this information we will no longer offer the "Drops of Blood" and "Shoulder Wound" prayer cards unless we find that there has been a later approval issued that we can verify."

Hope this helps out somewhat. :]

[/quote]

I saw it for the first time a few days ago in the Sacred Heart chapel at my church. Someone left a leaflet as well. Such food for thought!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.