Devout Catholics Have Better Sex, Study Says

From the U.S. News and World Report, good news, for once:

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/17/devout-catholics-have-better-sex

Devout, married Catholics have the best sex of any demographic group, the Family Research Council said at an event Wednesday, pointing to a collection of studies from the last several decades.

The socially conservative Christian group relied heavily on statistics from the University of Chicago’s last National Health and Social Life Survey, conducted in 1992, which found the most enjoyable and most frequent sex occurring among married people, those who attended church weekly – any church, whether Catholic or not – and people who had the least sexual partners.

“Those who worship God weekly have the best sex,” said Patrick Fagan, a senior fellow at the Family Research Council and a former George H.W. Bush official, in a talk hosted with the Center for the Advancement of Catholic Higher Education Wednesday. “I want to see this on the cover of Playboy sometime.”

Fagan said the group was working on gathering more recent data on sexual enjoyment, but that the existing statistics spoke for themselves, and specifically as they relate to Catholics.

Well if this doesn’t boost conversions throughout all creation, I have no idea what will.

lololol

Nobody will believe it that doesn’t want to believe it though.

Devout, married Catholics have the best sex of any demographic group, the Family Research Council said at an event Wednesday, pointing to a collection of studies from the last several decades.

The socially conservative Christian group relied heavily on statistics from the University of Chicago’s last National Health and Social Life Survey, conducted in 1992, which found the most enjoyable and most frequent sex occurring among married people, those who attended church weekly – any church, whether Catholic or not – and people who had the least sexual partners.

“Those who worship God weekly have the best sex,” said Patrick Fagan, a senior fellow at the Family Research Council and a former George H.W. Bush official, in a talk hosted with the Center for the Advancement of Catholic Higher Education Wednesday. “I want to see this on the cover of Playboy sometime.”

Fagan said the group was working on gathering more recent data on sexual enjoyment, but that the existing statistics spoke for themselves, and specifically as they relate to Catholics.

I have something to look forward to. :smiley:

One audience member questioned Fagan on the “danger” of selling the idea that Catholics were guaranteed better sex if they waited for marriage. But Fagan said it was clear “those who are monogamous have the best sex they ever could – because its the only sex they’ll ever know.”

Every time I make love to my wife, I’m making love to the most beautiful woman I’ve ever been with. Sure, she’s the only woman I’ve ever been with, but that doesn’t diminish the fact in the slightest. And she loves not just knowing that but hearing it as well. What a horrible, dangerous thing for us to have live through.

And in other news, scientists discover that water is wet. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been married to the same great gal for nearly 30 years. The sex isn’t just “good”. And it isn’t just “great”. It’s sacred. And by the way, it also happens to be totally “mind blowing”. The article isn’t lying, friends.
:smiley:

Recommended reading:

Holy Sex! A Catholic Guide to Toe-Curling, Mind-Blowing, Infallible Loving

:slight_smile:

But Fagan said it was clear “those who are monogamous have the best sex they ever could – because its the only sex they’ll ever know.”

Well, yeah, I suppose if you’ve only had one partner then that’s… the best partner you’re ever going to have. LOL.

I don’t know what all of this data means. I’m genuinely surprised that so many report having good sex lives, considering the amount of scrupulousness that’s usually associated with frequent Church-goers. I wonder if they feel some kind of obligation to God/spouse to self-report satisfaction?

Doesn’t that suggest that people who only eat broccoli once must therefore enjoy it more than anyone?

It suggests that people who only eat broccoli and nothing else, those people tend to think broccoli is pretty fantastic.

What if they didn’t like it?

Maybe it’s because we view sex as more than just a pleasure game and provide true love through the sacrament of holy matrimony.

Family Research Council is not very reliable in the science department. :o

Idk I’m frankly disgusted by the conservative media pumping all this

“Sex! Sex! SEX!!!

I’m tired of this sex-obsessed culture of ours. Before we spoke too little, thinking it was evil…now I think we speak way too much about it. I feel like we are living in Rome…nothing else matters but a good sexual encounter :frowning:

It’s no surprised devout married couples have better sex. They aren’t selfish and they are tied to each other. Single people only have sex when they “feel like it”…provided they can even find a mate with all those lonely nights at the bars and clubs they have to go through. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that, in a sense, if it were the only food you could ever have then you would grow to love it because it’s the only thing you would associate with life-giving nutrition.

Perhaps, but even if that was the reason they enjoyed broccoli the most, they still would be the ones who enjoyed broccoli the most! :slight_smile:

It’s better because devout Catholics don’t use condoms, and this openness to the miracle of a baby is natural and makes the marital intimacy infinitely deep. It’s the way Adam and Eve had it.

:tsktsk: That book is horrible. Putting “Holy” in front of Sex doesn’t make it different from what other “secular” books have to say about how to have sex and the different sexual acts couples can engage in.

This book is disgusting!

I’m not sure about the methodology of the study, but I will say, and going off topic, that the religious certainly have more kids than non-religious couples.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.