Devout Christian mother-of-three, 31, becomes first woman in Britain to DIE from cannabis poisoning after smoking a joint in bed to help her sleep

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html

I’m not sure what to make of this. It sounds a bit fishy. One joint should not cause poisoning.

Well, it is the Daily Mail. I think the truth will come out eventually!

Sounds fishy to me, too. I think the joint was laced or she had another health problem that was undiagnosed.

nydailynews.com/news/world/woman-dies-marijuana-overdose-impossible-article-1.1597236

So sad.

there are better ways to help you sleep and marijuana is not one of them. Maybe she did have an undiagnosed problem.

So three children now have no mother because of marijuana, even if it was laced with something, they are STILL MOTHERLESS.

What is really scary is that she was depressed and smoking marijuana at the same time.

Very sad, indeed.
Or undiagnosed allergy?

In any event, very sad

Pray for her

If she’s smoking something in bed, she could have easily started a fire too. All around this doesn’t sound like a well-thought out plan.

I’m severely depressed and I smoke medical pot to reduce it.

I hope you don’t smoke anything at night when you are trying to get to sleep!

Yes, I almost always use it for sleep, and that’s part of the reason it was prescribed to me. Thanks for your concern though.

I have a feeling there’s more to this story. Even if it’s true it would be an anomaly. I read on another site the expected cause of death in cannabis poisoning would most likely be asphyxiation, not a heart attack. It would also take around 10000 joints to reach that level though.

Eternal rest grant unto Gemma O Lord
may perpetual light shine upon her
and may she rest in peace Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

I think she’s talking about having a lit/burning joint or pipe in bed, because of the fire hazard.

Please be careful! A fire at night when you are sleepy is such a scary thought.

I do not smoke in bed, but at my desk.

I find now that I’m older that pot first makes me hungry, then very sleepy. Today’s grass isn’t your grandfather’s pot anymore. It’s hundreds of times more potent than the weed of the 60’s and 70’s. I just can’t smoke it anymore.

Id re-check the source on this one…its not possible to be poisoned by cannabis alone.LOL

She actually died from a heart attack, which the medical profession deemed was due to pot. I wonder how many other medical professionals would agree that the pot triggered a heart attack in an otherwise healthy person?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.