Diabolic Possesion

Hello

:slight_smile: I’ll really apreciate a suggested book on this topic.

The book The Devil - Monsignod Balducci, describes casuistry of possesion, omiting videotapes, and publications of serious parapsychologysts.

Thanks

An Exorcist Tells His Story and An Exorcist: More Stories by Fr. Gabriele Amorth.

Fr. Amorth is the chief exorcist of Rome and these two books relate some of his experiences.

The book to read is Malachi Martin’s Hostage to the Devil: The Possession and Exorcism of Five Americans. A warning: this book is NOT for the faint of heart.

WHOLEHEARTEDLY agreed. That book was incredible (and incredibly scary, don’t read it alone at night).

While Malachi Martin is now a defrocked priest, I think at the time he compiled/wrote that book that he was still in good standing with the church. Either way it’s a great book and he takes a VERY strongly positive stance towards the church.

I don’tknow about the defrocking. There are some web sites that indicate that he was released from his vows of obedience and poverty but not chastity and this had something to do with some issues he had with what one might call post Vatican II Jesuit policies. He was a traditional Catholic and if the sites are accurate remained a priest.

Malachi Martin was not defrocked, but released from his vows.

He is deceased BTW.

That being said. One evening, Mother Angelica had on the exorcist of the Archdioceses of New York, I don’t remember his name. A caller called in and asked about Malachi Martin, and his book. The exorcist priest said the book was accurate and that he himself had consulted with Malachi Martin on exorcism, over the years.

Jim

From one web site:

"In 1964, Pope Paul VI released Father Martin from the vows of Poverty and Obedience in the Jesuit Order, but confirmed his vow of Celibacy. Pope Paul instructed Father Martin to report directly to the reigning Holy Father whoever he may be, or to some member of the papal Curia the reigning Pope designates. Because he is not affiliated with any diocese, Father does not wear clerical clothes in public. He celebrates Holy Mass daily. As a concerned, compassionate priest and enlightened scholar, Malachi Martin dares hold a candle to the truth, no matter where it shines or how difficult it mat be to accept. Father is forthrightly devoted to prayer, the Church and Our Lady of Guadalupe (“She’s my favorite!”), Saint Michael and the Holy Angels and Saints. He researches and writes from his creative base of operations in New York City, and is currently at work on a “Guide Book to the End Times.”

Is that the name of a book you have read, Billy?

There is an audio cast from CA here with Jame Lebar, cheif excorcist of New York. Pretty scary stuff.

God bless,
Ut

Yes. This demonologist (the book claim that he is one of the most prestigious) omite references of serious scientists.

also, he recommend read the details of casustry of his book The Demonic Possession. Not a scientific attitude.

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.