Diaconate Formation in Religious Orders

I was in formation for the Permanent Diaconate for my local diocese. I would like to re-enter formation, preferably in a religious order. Does the Permanent Diaconate exist in the different orders. If so, which are they so that I can contact the appropriate office.
Thank you.
Peace and God's blessings,
Ed

[quote="EdwardCole, post:1, topic:214987"]
I was in formation for the Permanent Diaconate for my local diocese. I would like to re-enter formation, preferably in a religious order. Does the Permanent Diaconate exist in the different orders. If so, which are they so that I can contact the appropriate office.
Thank you.
Peace and God's blessings,
Ed

[/quote]

I believe any order that ordains its men will also have permanent deacons. We have a few in the Carmelites.

As for religious communites of priests, I doubt that they would have many permanent deacons as they are strictly priestly societies.

One should also keep in mind that one can marry and be later ordained a deacon. In addition, a deacon, whether married or celibate, can be join a secular order or Opus Dei(whether as a numerary or associate, who are both celibate, or as a supernumerary) or become a lay oblate.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.