Diane, undergoing breast cancer surgery today

The Godmother of my daughter, Danigirl, has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. Her name is Diane and she is having a difficult time with it. I encouraged her as best I could, and counseled her to receive the Sacrament of Anointing of the sick. She will undergo a lumpectomy and further testing to see if it has spread. Lord, have mercy. Christ, have mercy. Lord, have mercy. Amen.

**[FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]
[FONT=Georgia]†JMJTJ†

*** Diane will be in my prayers for her strength and healing.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you †*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Diane)
Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

Praying for Diane, Hoping for a good report. Keeping her in my prayers

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for Diane.

UPDATE:

Blessed be God! Diane’s daughter (whose son Liam had major problems upon delivery a few months back) called DW to advise her that the operation was successful and that the cancer had not spread to her lymphatic system. Thus, it appears that a small amount of radiation or chemo may be the worst she will have to endure. Thank you prayer warriors for your service to the kingdom of God.

Thanks be to God.

LORD Jesus
Heal UR Daughter

Awesome news. I will continue to pray for Diane.

Praise the Lord that the cancer didn’t spread in Diane’s body .
Father, please grant Diane complete healing from her grave illness , in the Name of Your most beloved Son, Jesus Christ and through intercession of blessed Saint Peregrine . Amen

Our Father… Amen

UPDATE
I just spoke with Diane. She had her lumpectomy, but the margins of the tumor were not good, so they will have to go back and perform a mastectomy. There is no other way to assure that all of the cancer is removed. She is coping with this much better than the prior occasion. This is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 25th. The blessing is that she has agreed to make an appointment with Father for the Sacrament of Anointing. When I hear any news, I will attempt to keep this thread updated. Amen!

Praise God!

Diane is in my prayers.

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Diane)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

St Agatha, patron of breast cancer patients, pray for Diane and her family as well as those who suffer this disease. Please intervene with a cure, we ask all these prayers through Christ our Lord and the intercession of our Blessed Lady. Amen.

******UPDATE:**Diane has recovered well from the radical surgery which she had. However, her oncologist has located a small mass of tissue in her chest wall. It is unknown if it is anything more than scar tissue, but as a caution it must come out and be biopsied. Her surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, June 30th, at about 1:30 PM PDT. Any and all prayer is greatly appreciated. Christ’s peace be with all prayer warriors. Amen!

I’m praying for Diane, that it is only scar tissue, and that all will be well.

*Thanks for sharing this with us, Jim–I’ll be praying for Diane, and will include her in my Rosary intentions. *

Jim, tell her she is in our prayers and know you are as well. Tim

dixieagle and whatevergirl, thank you for your prayers! Each and every prayer makes a huge difference - this I know!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.