Dictionary for Church Latin

What is the best/fastest/easiest way to understand the occasional Latin inserted in the many Church documents. For example, I absolutely LOVE the encyclicals by Pope John Paul II, but the occasional Latin phrases leave me wondering, “What is he saying???”

Any ideas about a dictionary of Church Latin online, or preferrably for PalmPiilots? A hard-copy dictionary (book) would be acceptable, but I have tried a Latin dictionary book, and you can’t look up a word directly. You have to know the rules about prefixes and suffixes.

[quote=Larry1700]What is the best/fastest/easiest way to understand the occasional Latin inserted in the many Church documents. For example, I absolutely LOVE the encyclicals by Pope John Paul II, but the occasional Latin phrases leave me wondering, “What is he saying???”

Any ideas about a dictionary of Church Latin online, or preferrably for PalmPiilots? A hard-copy dictionary (book) would be acceptable, but I have tried a Latin dictionary book, and you can’t look up a word directly. You have to know the rules about prefixes and suffixes.
[/quote]

Look at the foot notes they are usually translated into english.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.