Did I break the "no meat on fridays" rule?

Today I ate fried pork rinds. Did I break the "no meat on fridays" rule?

It all depends. Did you recall that it was Friday and that there was a rule against it? Did you realize that pork rinds were made of meat? Pork rinds probably count as meat, since it is liquid foods made with meat that we can eat on Fridays. It all comes down to how much you were conscious of at the time.

[quote="Aeden, post:2, topic:316903"]
It all depends. Did you recall that it was Friday and that there was a rule against it? Did you realize that pork rinds were made of meat? Pork rinds probably count as meat, since it is liquid foods made with meat that we can eat on Fridays. It all comes down to how much you were conscious of at the time.

[/quote]

I was debating it in my head but in then end I wasn't really sure. Maybe it counts as consciousness because I thought "wait, isn't this meat?'

yes it is meat (flesh of an animal). did you truly know that? and then do it anyway?

[quote="SonSearcher, post:4, topic:316903"]
yes it is meat (flesh of an animal). did you truly know that? and then do it anyway?

[/quote]

Sort of. This thought of "it is meat" kept popping in my head but I wasn't sure.

I'll confess it anyway and see what the priest says.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.