Did I commit a mortal sin?

I had to let these people know on instagram that I will no longer be an admin for this catholic page, but I went through this part where I would be tempted to impurity because of the picture, and I struggle with impurity, and I even glanced at the photo (in the back of head I wanted to make sure if it was there or not) but I did not lust at her, nor did I plan on sinning, I felt like I could handle it. So did I commit a mortal sin by putting myself in a near occasion of sin? I went through that certain part to get the name of someone to let him know.

Without the background, is your question, “…]did I commit a mortal sin by putting myself in a near occasion of sin?”

And how much stock would you be willing to put into our answers?

If you saw the bad picture and then stared at it, that would probably be mortal. Just seeing the picture is not bad if you exited out of it immediately

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.