Did I confess this sin correctly?

To confess masturbation, I said "for being impure with myself", and for the amount of times I honestly was not sure so I told my priest I wasn't sure on the amount.

Is this acceptable or must I confess it again?

It was a good confession. If the priest was unclear, it was his job to ask for you to be specific, but he didn't. He's heard it all before, so he probably knew exactly what you meant.

I agree with ScottGun.

[quote="Lecia2, post:1, topic:321968"]
To confess masturbation, I said "for being impure with myself", and for the amount of times I honestly was not sure so I told my priest I wasn't sure on the amount.

[/quote]

Like the others, I think the priest probably knew exactly what you meant. :)

In the future, when you cannot remember a specific number, you might try to find another way to generally indicate a number/frequency. For example: "about five times a week, more or less" or "several times last week, but only a couple of times this week." Even though these are not specific numbers, such as four or thirteen, they nevertheless give the priest a better idea how often this is a problem for you than "I honestly don't remember how many times." Just try, to the best of your ability and recollection, to provide some information. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.