Did I detract someone?

So today someone posted those things (I’m not sure what they’re called) on Facebook that tests for colorblindness, and I pointed out the fact to another person in the room that one of my friends is colorblind. The person I told this to did not know that the other person was colorblind. Did I detract my friend by sharing this information?

If you intended to hurt that person’s reputation or good name than yes it is a sin of detraction. (Only because you attempted it)

No, I’m pretty sure that I did not intend to hurt his reputation. I saw the thing and I just pointed out the fact that he is colorblind without really thinking about it.

If you intended to hurt that person’s reputation or good name, or if you didn’t care if the person’s reputation was hurt after you made the statement than it is a sin of ATTEMPTING detraction. If it was a matter-of-fact statement, then I don’t think it is.

If you are scrupulous, than I would advise you to look at these links:
mission.liguori.org/newsletters/scrupulosity.htm
mission.liguori.org/newsletters/scrupulosity2.htm

The first is the rules for confession for scrupulous people, and the second is rules for everyday life.

(I was going to edit my post to include this information, but I edited it within 20 minutes)

Nope, if that were the case, then we would all be in big trouble

I’m colorblind and it’s no big deal. Someone pointing that out in a group of people is like pointing out someone is left handed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.