Did I Do The Right Thing?

This guy wants to have a verse-by-verse contest with me: forums.abs-cbn.com/index.php?showtopic=6306&st=20&p=260049&#entry260049 I begged off, since I feel there’s no point in it and it’s just a waste of time. Did I do the right thing by not accepting his challenge?

You did okay Milliardo…don’t get into these “spitting contests”. Post the truth and ride off into the sunset…this guy is not going to do anything but deride you and the faith and feed his ego.
Meanwhile Check THIS out. :thumbsup:

You’re right, CM–the guy seems to have a large ego, if you read the current exchanges we had there.

I read a meditation once on the Passion of Jesus when He was standing before Herod. Herod asks Him questions and requests a miracle, and Jesus doesn’t respond to Him at all. The meditation said this could have been because Jesus knew Herod’s heart was not in the right place to hear to truth, so His words would have fallen on deaf ears. Sort of like casting pearls before swine.

[quote=Milliardo]You’re right, CM–the guy seems to have a large ego, if you read the current exchanges we had there.
[/quote]

Put him on Ignore and forget him.

JP II said if someone wants to debate you from another religion, ie not sincerely wondering about our faith, just tell them you are happy they are comforted in their faith, you will pray for them, and would they pray for you.

Leave it at that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.