Did I say this Novena properly?

My question is about the prayers of a Novena. I have never prayed a Novena before. I recently leaned of them and decided to pray a Novena. I picked St. Therese the little flower. I chose her as I have heard of her Novena’s,but also a little selfishly, as I read that St. Therese will often send roses at the end to show her intercession.
I completed the 9 day Novena yesterday. When I went to say the last days prayer I realized that I omitted the beginning of the prayer that was to be said each day. I was upset, but figured at least I had released this and can say it correctly.
My question is did I say a Novena?
I’m sure it was just coincidence, but last night after 9, I was driving my daughter home and I resolved to myself that it must not have been valid as I saw no rose today. My daughter asked me to stop at the food store moments later. Again, I said to myself, the grocery store has a florist, so if I see a rose it means nothing. We walked to the isle we needed and there, by the floral section was a display of about 5 very beautiful rose bouquets on a table in our path!
So, what should I think? I started another Novena today.

The following link should help answer your question about novenas. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

What do I do if I miss a day in my novena?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.