Did I sin?

Did I sin because I laughed when Sarah Palin said to let “Allah solve” the conflict ins Syria because i share her anti attack view but I thought about how Muslims say they worship the same God but I’m not sure if I believed that then but now I’m not sure.

No you did not sin...

Peace
James

I don’t know if you sinned because I don’t have residency of your heart, but if you did it for cynicism’s sake, remember that cynicism is not a healthy attitude to adopt, either for you or for those that have to be around you. One of the easiest ways that people express cynicism is in the news, but the attitude which is expressed in one theater of our lives ultimately spills over into all theaters of our lives. Be cynical towards the TV and you will in time find yourself being cynical towards your spouse, your friends, and your coworkers as well. Staying well-versed on current events can be a healthy hobby, but if you find yourself frequently being cynical and combative, it would be best for you to use your energy elsewhere. We might tell ourselves that we watch the news in order to stay educated and aware, but some people deceive themselves, and they do it simply as an outlet to spill their venom, and they come out of it with their minds more darkened than when they started.

I might have laughed too but we should be sensitive to other religions. I wouldn't want people laughing at the expense of my religion.

[quote="ItsmeJoe, post:1, topic:338405"]
Did I sin because I laughed when Sarah Palin said to let "Allah solve" the conflict ins Syria because i share her anti attack view but I thought about how Muslims say they worship the same God but I'm not sure if I believed that then but now I'm not sure.

[/quote]

If you sinned I did too. I told someone that in my opinion it would really be special if just one time we could watch muslims kill other muslims without feeling like it's somehow our duty to help them do it!:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.