Did Jesus go to India?

I know this childish thread is beneath me, but I want to have some fun.

I’ve seen it alot in these forums, and even on a TV program the other night (which didn’t interest me enough to remember the name of it). The question is simple;
“Do you believe Jesus went to India?” (Of course, I mean in a physical sense.)
I know people will ask for a third option - “I don’t know” - but it really isn’t a valid option; The question is do you believe, not do you know.

So, let’s go for it - Yes or No.

No.

It amazes me how people invent such fascinating stories such as this. Do I believe? Nope.

Hi

Yes, Jesus being a true ProphetMessenger was saved a cursed killing on Cross by GodAllahYHWH and after the event of crucifixion he did go to India where he died a peaceful and natural death at the age of 120 years according to one tradition.

Thanks

Look, i was not going to even bother, but i had to answer, i dont know why, but i felt an urge too.
Now that i have voted, i refuse to be caught into any conversations about Jesus going to India.

It makes as much sense as the (ancient) Jews went to America

:shrug: I wonder which way paarsurrey voted? Any guesses?:wink:

Well considering there is one vote for yes, there is no prizes for guessing who voted for that… :wink:

Not even a ‘trip to Europe’?

well explain in 25 words or less why you dont think Jesus went to India and we’ll see :stuck_out_tongue:

There is not one single iota of evidence from *tradition *of Jesus having gone to India and the food there would never have agreed with him

Damn! That’s 26!:mad:

:rolleyes: Saved from the crucifixion? How exactly was he smuggled out under Pontius Pilate’s nose? Was it before or after the scourging at the pillar? Who exactly took his place? How were the Jewish people fooled? Why did Jesus not go back and visit his 12 disciples?

Of course Islam doesn’t have the answers to these questions - it simply stole some early heresies from different “christian” sects a few hundred years AFTER Our Lord Jesus Christ’s death on the Cross and worked them into Qu’ran.

Catholig

Oh well, next time, however i do agree the food would run through many people like a ferrari in 4th!

Hi

If a person is just hanged on a Cross, that is not called a crucifixion, unless and until he dies on it . No doubt that Jesus was put on Cross, but Pilate did not want to crucify him as he considered him innocent, that Jesus dies on the Cross. Pilate was not bold enough to free him openly, but secretly he arranged that Jesus does not die. Jesus remained only for two/three hours on the Cross, he became unconcious, but he was delivered alive, his bones were not broken, it was made to appear by the officials otherwise, but he was hurriedly handed over to his friends who laid him in a spacious tomb ,for treatment, with a bigger opening which may be termed as a door, and a smaller opening which may be termed as a ventilator so that he does not get suffocated . Please note that he was not buried in a grave to avoid suffocation, so all effort were made by the officials of the Pilate to save his life, underhand and secretly. This is all in the NTBible which gets revealed when we study it and the events deeply, rationally and intelligently.

This is what I understand; others could differ with me but with solid reasons.

Thanks

Paars, your stories get more and more funny all the time.
I even like the part where you said its in the NT.
Id like you to show me the part of the NT that Pilate secretly saved his life…

Dear Paarsurrey, I am sure that you are not “anti-Jesus”. But, yes, Jesus was burried not in grave, but left in a cave. It was in accordance with Jewish tradition at that time. No strange thing out of it. Don’t forget, that a soldier strucked Jesus side with his spear, (blood and water came out of the wound, afterward). In that day, I do not believe that anybody could survive a body wound resulted from a spear. It would be a fatal and mortal wound, penetrated deep inside a body. The soldier did that because he knew that Jesus was already dead, and to provide a confirmation. No wonder Pilate insisted to put a sign of “Iesus Nazaeorum Rex Iudaeorum (INRI)”, to give him a “legal” reason for him to crucify Jesus. The sign did not mean that Pilate believed in Jesus. Later on, for his mistake, emperor Tiberius (14-37AD) took Pilate away from the Judea, and threw him out to Gallia (France). Pilate was later committed suicide there during the emperor Caligula.

Hi

You have got to see it yourself, make a deep study, put on the wings of research, be your own pilot, and then you may find it deep hidden under the outward literal words/texts/versions. Try it, if you please.
May GodAllahYHWH bless you with your deep study!

Thanks

Of course, this Ahmadi teaching is a problem for you with the rest of Islam too isn’t it paarsurrey?

It’s a strange one, a real halfway house for Ahmadis. How do you argue the orthodox Islamic position that Allah would never allow his Prophet to be crucified?

Paars, i want you to read this, and read it carefully, deeply, and with an open mind

Matthew 27:

From the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land until the ninth hour.

46And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ‘Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?’ that is, ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’

47When some of those who stood there heard this, they said, ‘The man is calling on Elijah,’

48and one of them quickly ran to get a sponge which he filled with vinegar and, putting it on a reed, gave it him to drink.

49But the rest of them said, ‘Wait! And see if Elijah will come to save him.’

50**But Jesus, again crying out in a loud voice, yielded up his spirit.
51And suddenly, the veil of the Sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom, the earth quaked, the rocks were split,

52the tombs opened and the bodies of many holy people rose from the dead,

53and these, after his resurrection, came out of the tombs, entered the holy city and appeared to a number of people.

54The centurion, together with the others guarding Jesus, had seen the earthquake and all that was taking place, and they were terrified and said, 'In truth this man was son of God.’

57When it was evening, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, called Joseph, who had himself become a disciple of Jesus.

58This man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate ordered it to be handed over.
So Joseph took the body, wrapped it in a clean shroud**

60**and put it in his own new tomb which he had hewn out of the rock. He then rolled a large stone across the entrance of the tomb and went away.

Now where in here does it say Jesus went to India?
It quite clearly said he died on the cross, the body was handed over to Joseph FROM Pilate and he was wrapped in a cloth and put into a new tomb.
I think you should re-read the new testament once again with an open mind, this time i pray that you see the truth.
Jesus IS the son of God, and he DID die on the cross for us!
I say here and now, i have nothing further to discuss on the subject of Jesus going to India, cause its driving me wild.

You’ve just not put on wings and studied it hard enough!

Here’s how
zappinternet.com/video/yutZqoBqeB/Monty-Python-Flying-Lessons

To be fair, we would no more accept a citation from the Qur’an as evidence as paars is likely to accept a quote from the Bible.

I think better evidence is that the Romans would break the legs of Crucificted criminals if they weren’t already dead…The whole blood and water thing (blood seperates into sebum when someone is dead) and accounts like that of Josephus.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.