Did Jesus PBUH had beard?

Did Jesus ?

Did Jesus Peace be upon him had beard or not?

If Jesus had beard and he showed people how to live life then why do christians keep shaving their beards?

Peace…

Did Jesus have a beard? It doesn’t matter. Having a beard won’t get you into heaven.

In these regards Christianity is not as ‘comprehensive’ as Islam

We don’t go into these lengths…

Is it haraam to urinate standing up?

Assuming that yours is a sincere question (and not intended to provoke mindless controversy), it is necessary for you to understand that Jesus, first and foremost, encouraged us to work intensely on our internal, spiritual life …. Outward appearances per se will not necessarily help you to attain salvation, but a rich, internal spiritual life surely will ……

will having a beard like Jesus’ per se make me a better person? Can not see how ….

Will eating pork or having a dog per se make me unclean to god’s eyes? Can not see how ….

I could ask a similar question, Since Muhammed was illeterate, shouldn’t you avoid learning to read and write since Muhammed was to show people how to live?

Yes, we know from the prophesies of Isaiah that Jesus had a beard (IS 50:6) but that was common during his day…it would have been quite uncommon to NOT have a beard.

Some Christian wear beards and some do not because we are free…we are not subject to the old Mosaic law.

An excellent point:p

Since Jesus didn’t shave his head, why do Mohammedans? Is that because the pagans of Saudi Arabia did?
As Christians, we don’t feel obliged to find out whether Jesus used three stones or not, or out one foot in the toilet before the other, or numerous other trivialities. “Muhammad” didn’t use the motor car or aeroplane either - or come to think of it, the internet!
just as well the Koran doesn’t specify how to kill infidels or Islamists would have to rely on cold steel still…

I found this silly, Prophet muhammad pbuh was illeterate because Allah wants to make it miracle that he brought the holy quran Despite he can not read nor write which prove his prophethood to people. by the way the first word revealed in the Quran was: Read.
but as a christian why you do not follow Jesus pbuh since he is the role model for you, Jesus did not eat pork and has a beard why you donot follow him?

Peace

Good gracious!! Do, by all means, post this:rolleyes: Miraculous Photograph which shows the Lord Jesus Christ, showing Him with a beard!!

What??? No photograph??
No, I didn’t think so…(:nope: Sheesh!!!:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: ).

Come now, you won’t even do certain things because Muhammed avoided them! See my opening retort where I cited a ruling

Already been answered!

Sorry, but how do you know he didnt eat pork?
Are you Jesus’s nutritionist?

He DID pick corn on the Sabbath, he DID speak to strange (not Jewish) women, he allowed a woman with an unclean menstrual flow to touch him, he touched lepers, he DID ignore the ritual purity laws about washing one’s hands before eating. ALL of these were violations of Jewish law. And HE DID THEM ALL!!!

Where did Jesus say “Though shalt wear a beard”?

Incidentally, would a goatee count?

For the record (sorry to be a stickler) I do believe he didn’t ear corn, which is a grain from America

simply because Pork prohibited in the Bible

The Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you”.

“Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you.”[Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

“And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass.”
[Deuteronomy 14:8]

A similar prohibition is repeated in the Bible in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

Peace…

Because we Christians are all evil and all want to go to hell… :rolleyes:

Or maybe because beards are not a matter of religion but preference.

Talk of mountains out of molehills…

Forgive me :o , it was some other grain and not corn (Matthew 12:1-8) - equally unlawful to do the ‘work’ of picking on the Sabbath, I believe.

Exactly, and if He had long hair and some Christians go bald, why do they do that and not follow Jesus. :shrug:

Congratulations - did you also read Leviticus 13:45-46 where those with leprosy are declared unclean, and hence not to be touched, and then read Matthew 8:1-3 where Jesus TOUCHES a leper to heal him? Obviously not.

Maybe I’m wrong, 'cause this site says it’s corn* but the Bible just says grain

*though I’m sure corn comes from America originally

Thanks for the answer LilyM, I was just referring to the bible for an answer to that… thanks

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.