Did Jesus Really Son of God/God or The Prophet

Dear Fellow Christian :slight_smile: and Muslim Brothers and Sisters, As-Salaam-O-Alikum! May Peace and Blessing with you all.

My Question is on Christianity. If Jesus is Son of God or God. Did he told about judgement day when exactly it will happened or when he will come to the world again for judge the world as you say so.Coz after all he is Son of God or God in your religion.Please explain

We Muslims Believes that Jesus PBUH is one of the Greatest Prophet whom Allah/God give him so many miracles perform with the will of Allah/God to their people and he will return to this world from Allah/God order.And rest i hope you know what our believes coz after all we are the fasting growing religion in the World.

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to see your point of view about this post.

Jesus gave the Revelation and Olivet about how the Antichrist will be killed, not exactly but same idea as Hadith.

What many Muslims don’t understand is that the NT only means that Jesus is a child of God, which is a servant of God. It doesn’t mean he is deity.

And the Quran only condemns the idea that God had sex with Mary like Zeus, not my idea that all God’s servants are children of God by adoption.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Hi tomshaikh,

Jesus won’t tell us when that judgement day will come. I think He wants us to be ready everyday (Ac 1:6-8, Mk 13:32).

Penance, prayer, fasting, redemptive suffering, the Way of the Cross and the Sacraments are our responses to being ready everyday.

P.S. Thank you for showing interest in our faith.

Also, are you asking “is Jesus really the Son of God”? If so, it may be wise for you to research the Trinity. Perhaps reading 'Theology for Beginners" by Frank Sheed would serve you well. I highly recommend that book.

Jesus is God. He has a Divine Nature and a human nature.
He is part of the one and only Triune God-the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
God has explained Himself in human terms-pray for faith and guidance from the Holy Spirit-that is the only way to begin to understand-because it is a gift of revelation from God himself.

God reveals His Light to those who seek Him.

Peace be with you

Hi tomshaikh
And welcome to the forums.
Here is a great link to explaining the trinity, it will expand on Charles’ link.
Enjoy, ask questions and have fun here with us!

Hello Everyone Again, I guess no body has the answer or verses from bible explaining who is he really was. I have verses from The Last Book i.e, The Quran Kareem which is as follows:

An-Nisa

And because of their saying (in boast), “We killed Messiah 'Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allâh,” - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Īsā (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not *: (157) But Allâh raised him 'Īsā (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he A.S. is in the heavens). And Allâh is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise. (158)

The Quran: Surah 4, Ayat 157-158 or Chapter 4, Verses 157-158

By this Ayat its mentioning Isa(Jesus) as Messenger or Prophet. Hope i prove by this who Jesus was.

Any comments feel free to answer back.*

As-Salaam-O-Alikum!

W-Alaika As-Salaam W-Rahmet Allahe W-Barakatahu!

tomshaikh,

Jesus Christ is the Son of God the Father who became Man for us and for our salvation.

The Centurion confesses and says: “Truly this man was the Son of God!” (Mark 15:39).

God bless,

Rony

tomshaikh,
Hi again,
Yes we did answer your question, but we thought we would shed light on the reason we know he is the Son of God as well by telling you about the trinity.
God bless

Lets be sensible with reasons and facts in the light of Bible and Quran. Please read. With this reasons and facts my correction will be done in front of your and mine Allah or God. Please write it back few words after reading this.Thank You and God Bless You.

Bible - A Closer Look
By - Yusuf Estes

Does the belief in Jesus, peace be upon him, as a ‘son of God’ really make sense?

What exactly does ‘son of God’ mean?

Can true salvation from God, be the punishment of someone else who is innocent from any of these crimes, to be punished as though he were guilty?

Does God need someone to suffer severe punishment, even though they are trying, day after day.

Did Jesus, peace be upon him, tell the people to take him as a god, or to worship him?

Let us find the answer to these and other important questions about the nature of Jesus of Christianity and Islam.

“Look to the Books”

To begin, let us do a sample comparison of the teachings of the Holy Books of Almighty God.

QURAN OF ISLAM

“Say: Oh my servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins, for he is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”[Noble Quran 39:53]

“If anyone does evil or wrongs his own soul but afterwards seeks Allah’s forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”[Noble Quran 4:110]

“O you people! Adore your Guardian lord, who created you and those who came before you that you may become righteous.”[Noble Quran 2:21]

“You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who resist Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written faith in their hearts and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to well therein (forever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah. Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Felicity.”[Noble Quran 58:22]

New Testament of BIBLE

“Why do you call me good? answered Jesus, No-one is good but God alone!”[Mark 6:10]

“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but rather to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until Heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of the pen; will by any means disappear from the Law until all things are accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But whoever keeps the commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.”[Matthew 5:17]

“Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the Will of the Father who is in Heaven. Many will say to me on the day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!”[Matthew 7:21]

Some leaders claimed, “This probably refers to the Mormons or somebody else. Don’t worry about it.”

“Gabriel says Jesus will be “called the son of God” and he would be “given the Throne of David” to “rule the House of Jacob forever.””[Mark 1:35]

“Enos was the son of Seth, and Seth was the son of Adam, and Adam was the son of God.”[Luke 3:36]

Note: Adam, not Jesus, is listed in this genealogy of Jesus as the son of God, not Jesus.

Later on, the priests are asking Jesus, peace be upon him, if he claims to be the son of God. He tells them in fact, it is they who are making this claim.

“You say that I am.”

Gospel of John contains the greatest number of references to “son of God”

Jesus, speaking in the third person talked about the “Son of God” in [John 3:17 - John 5:24 - John 11:4 - John 11:27]

Martha, one of the followers, calls Jesus, peace be upon him, “The Messiah, the Son of God”

“The Messiah, the Son of God.”[John 20:31]

But no verse makes the exact statement “Jesus is the Son of God and as such he is divine or God.”

QURAN

“O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah anything but the truth. Christ Jesus, the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not “Trinity”: desist: It will be better for you: For Allah is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.”[Noble Quran 4:171]

Please continue reading this article from below site
bibleislam.com/son_of_who.php

As much as I argue against Trinity and Jesus being born deity, we are told Messiah is going to be like God over us with that kind of power. Jews can’t even argue with this since it’s in the Tanach.

Zechariah 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

tomshaikh,

As Christians we don’t believe the Quran to be Divinely inspired scripture, so to try and use it to prove your point just won’t work, we already reject it. If you wanted to convince Christians here that Jesus Christ is not the Son of God and God Himself, you’ll need to find another way to do it. :slight_smile:

tomshaikh,

I want you to know that Allah loves you and wants you to become a Christian, so that one day you can bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of Allah al-Ab, to all the Muslimeen.

Allah al-Ab desires all the Muslimeen to be baptized and to become members of the Church, the Body of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Allah is Love, and Allah bless you!

Rony

Dear tomshaikh,
Ive looked at both books and have read them, and the conclusion i come to is that i dont believe the quran, at all.
Now, lets study the origin of each of these books shall we?
The bible: The word of God, written by man inspired by God. Jesus, the Son of God, who gave us teachings for the new testament, had MANY witnesses.

Quran: Book written by one man, no witnesses. Has violence in it. Not a book inspired by God.

Each book of the Bible was supposedly written by one man, so by that reasoning each book is not valid because they weren’t written by many men.

The Bible also has violence in it. Like:

Numbers 31:17-18 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

As I’ve said before, if Christians kept their swords put away like Jesus commanded maybe there would be no Islam. But Christians wanted to cling to violence and brutality starting most famously with Constantine and continuing on with Crusades, slavery, and everything else.

So Ishmael was called in through the Quran to show Christians they should have stayed with Jesus the gentile son like Isaac, instead of behaving like Ishmael.

Genesis 16:12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man’s hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

The validity of Islam is not that it is the best set of beliefs to have, but it is the result of disobeying Jesus, among other things.

Basically, if so many Christians want to act like Mohammed instead of Jesus, then maybe that’s who they will get.

So Christians first of all should pull out of the military and politics and things like that. Then work on other problems. Then maybe Islam will change too.

“O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah anything but the truth. Christ Jesus, the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not “Trinity”: desist: It will be better for you: For Allah is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.”[Noble Quran 4:171]

It is imposible for Christians to believe this, or they would no longer be Christian. This goes against our Bible and everything we believe. We can not believe in the Quran because the prophet Muhammed is only partially correct.

Everywhere you mention Allah in the Quran, I will mention Jesus in the Bible. Because Jesus is one with Allah.

“The Father and I are one.” (John 10:30)

“Say: Oh my servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins, for he is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”[Noble Quran 39:53]

And there people brought to him a paralytic lying on a stretcher. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Courage, child, your sins are forgiven.” (Mat 9:2)

He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” (Luke 7:48)

“If anyone does evil or wrongs his own soul but afterwards seeks Allah’s forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”[Noble Quran 4:110]

To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone who believes in him will receive forgiveness of sins through his name." (Acts 10:43)

“O you people! Adore your Guardian lord, who created you and those who came before you that you may become righteous.”[Noble Quran 2:21]

In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets; in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe, who is the refulgence of his glory, the very imprint of his being, and who sustains all things by his mighty word. When he had accomplished purification from sins, he took his seat at the right hand of the Majesty on high, as far superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; this day I have begotten you”? Or again: “I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me”? And again, when he leads the first-born into the world, he says: “Let all the angels of God worship him.” (Heb 1:1-6)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be through him was life, and this life was the light of the human race; the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. . . . And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth. (John 1:1-5; 14)

“You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who resist Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written faith in their hearts and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to well therein (forever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah. Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Felicity.”[Noble Quran 58:22]

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. . . Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. (Matt 25:31-34; 41)

Do you understand what we believe? We believe Allah is greater than the prophet Muhammed realizes.

Islam and Christianity have the same God, so we are brothers. We just see him differently.

Peace,

Ryan :slight_smile:

Wow I have am overwhelmed with the many ways you are wrong. First where did you get the idea that the bible was written by one man? It is divinely inspired by the one true God. Second how can you possibly lay the blame for the violent teachings of Islam on some failing of the Catholic Church? It is the violent contained in the Quran and forced upon the world by Mohamed in the name of a “religion” created by a mad man that we fight. The 9/11 terrorists did not follow some form of Christianity and after their murder of thousands of Americans they were cheered by muslim “religious” leaders in the middle east.

The people who follow islam can live without any fear of Christian aggression if they stop attacking our people. We would love to be at peace and not need to fight wars but we are forced to defend ourselves against criminals and bullies who will only stop when everyone is under their control.

Quote:
Islam and Christianity have the same God, so we are brothers. We just see him differently.

Hi There,

The difference between Islam and Christianity is Jesus PBUH exsistance.Wheather he is The Prophet or Son Of God.I am tired of proving you guyz and know i am fade up.This is my last post about this title.I have did my correction infront of Allah/God.May Allah/God shows us the right path.End with Quran Surah/Chapter

Al-Ikhlas
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Say (O Muhammad (SAW)): "He is Allâh, (the) One.] (1) "Allâh-us-Samad (السيد الذي يصمد إليه في الحاجات) [Allâh the Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, (He neither eats nor drinks)]. (2) "He begets not, nor was He begotten;] (3) “And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” (4)

Quran:Surah 112, Ayat 1-4 or Chapter 112, Verses 1-4

from the gospel written by St.John9:35-38…Jesus had heard they turned him out,and when He had found him,said to him"Dost thou believe in the Son of God?"he answered and said"who is he Lord that i may believe in him?“and Jesus said to him"thou hast both seen Him,and He it is who speaks with thee” and he said “i believe Lord”.and falling down he whorshipped Him.this quote comes as part of the section where Jesus healed a man who was born blind, by making mud and placing it on the blind man’s eyes.if Jesus were merely a prophet He would not have allowed this man to whorship Him,if he was only a man of God then Jesus would have been allowing the xblind man to commit the sin of idoldtry by letting him (blind man)worship Him.

The Muslim faith cannot comprehend the paradox of the Cross. The Muslim cannot understand any attribute of God except his power and holiness. They cannot understand His humanity as it was expressed in the incarnation to reconcile sinful man and holy God. They cannot understand the cross because they do not understand the paradox of suffering.

Jesus said, “I have the power to put down my life and take it up again”. He said, “He who wishes to be my servant must take up his cross and follow me.”

When the Prince of the Power of the Air murdered the body of Christ on the cross, he paradoxically defeated himself, as Christ became our atonement for sin.

The Muslim faith cannot be reconciled with Christianity because it cannot grasp God as a baby, as a man, and as the way to heaven being the way of the cross. It cannot grasp “he who shall seek to be first shall be last, and he who is last shall be first.”

The Muslim martyr is a slave. The Christian martyr is a Son.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.