Did jesus say am god?!

Jesus Said He Was God?

The following was sent to me by a Muslim Sister who decided to keep her name anonymous; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with her.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven” (Matthew 7:21)

“And the Father himself, which hath sent me, bore witness of Me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape” (John 5:37)

“And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.” (Mark 10:18)

“And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges.” (John 8:50)

“ Jesus answered them and said, “my doctrine are not Mine, but His who sent Me” (John 7:16)

“he who does not love me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent me” (John 14:24)

“For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak” (John 12:49)

“Jesus said to them, ‘My food is to do the will of Him who sent me, and to accomplish His work” (John 4:34)

“For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent me” (John 6:38)

“saying, ‘Father, if it is your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not My will, but Yours, be done” (Luke 22:42)

“I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me” (John 5:30)

“I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him” (John 13:16)

“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28)

“Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me” (John 8:42)

“To sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father” (Matthew 20:23)

“So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me” (John 7:16)

Jesus said repeatedly that He is God.

How did God address His Holy Name to Moses, “Tell them ‘I Am’ sent you”. Jesus uses this phrase numerous times in John’s Gospel. “Before Abraham was, I Am”… “I Am the Bread of Life”… “Do not be afraid, it is I (I Am)”…

He most certainly did:Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.” John 4:10Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” John 8:58And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”* 29* Jesus said to him, “Thomas, F109 because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John 20:28-29

Then of course there’s this
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 14

Yes - both by word and by the deeds of the resurrection.

Do you know that Muhammad was always afraid that he was being possessed by Jin (devil)?

Do you know that Muhammad never gave a teaching that insures that any Islamic person goes to heaven?

Do you know that Muhammad does not think God is merciful enough to forgive sin and there is no way to be forgiven of a sin?

Do you know that the orphan Muhammad murdered the only family he ever had (his original tribe) and murdered and assassinated every person who spoke out against him?

James

Why do you quote Christian scripture to make your point, when you teach that Christian scripture is corrupt? Until you can explain that, there’s no reason or basis to proceed.

But our good IslamicBelief has given us the perfect opportunity to teach others that may have the same question.

So, let’s take advantage of this situation and enlighten those that we can! :slight_smile:

With that in mind, check out Jeremiah, 34:10-12

*** Thus says the Lord GOD: I swear I am coming against these shepherds. I will claim my sheep*** from them and put a stop to their shepherding my sheep so that they may no longer pasture themselves. I will save my sheep, that they may no longer be food for their mouths. For thus says the Lord GOD: I myself will look after and tend my sheep. As a shepherd tends his flock when he finds himself among his scattered sheep, so will I tend my sheep. I will rescue them from every place where they were scattered when it was cloudy and dark.

Now fast forward to John’s Gospel, chapter 10. What do you think Jesus meant when he said, “I Am the Good Shepherd”?

Rats! I meant to add to this before submitting it.

Jesus is literally screaming out, “I Am God”, but only for those with ears to hear!

Try re-reading the entire passage around this quote. Jesus is actually saying that He IS God here.

And the choir says, Amen!!! But only for those with ears to hear.

Almost all the quotes above simply identify Jesus as NOT the Father. Islam teaches that if you are not the Father, you are not God. We believe that God is 3 persons in 1 God. A mystery. If you reject that, it is impossible to understand Jesus in the Gospels.

Jesus (GOD) is obedient to the Father (GOD) both God but different persons.

Almost all the quotes above simply identify Jesus as NOT the Father. Islam teaches that if you are not the Father, you are not God. We believe that God is 3 persons in 1 God. A mystery. If you reject that, it is impossible to understand Jesus in the Gospels.

Jesus (GOD) is obedient to the Father (GOD) both God but different persons.

Guys, don’t feed the trolls. This guy is just spamming the board with Islamic nonsense. Of all the religions, Islam is the most profoundly week theologically and the most easily refuted. A complete fabrication of the war lord Mohammad.

James

In a word, yes.

Islam teaches that God is not a Father at all.

That is correct, but I did not want to distract from my response by mixing two concepts. So according to Islam, all of Jesus references to the Father would be blasphemy. At least that is how 21st century moslems react to referring to God (Allah in Arabic) as Father. Yet they hold Jesus up as one of the great prophets of the past. Kind a mixed message.

Irrelevant.

If anyone shares this question out of idle speculation or just plain “need to know” ignorance, then we need to show them the truth.

God Bless!!

Well then let’s get the man the real truth of how God is now converting Islamics to the One True Church. Islam is dead - it just does not know it yet.

The original OP needs to see how Islamics are converting to Christianity in the millions now due to the single handed work of Fr. Zakaria Botros. Here is a utube interview with him and a link to the National Review Article.

Muslim Clerics leave Islam and embrace Christ ! :knight2:

National Review: Islam’s ‘Public Enemy #1’ Coptic priest Zakaria Botros fights fire with fire.

Islam can be converted to Christianity in 2 generations if every Christian just simply trusted in God and prayed daily for conversions. It’s more effective use of time to leverage your time in prayer rather than spending hours in one on one debate and witnessing. :highprayer:

James

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.