Did Joan of Arc sin by dressing as a man?

Hi there,
Lately I have been wondering if Joan of Arc sinned when during her imprisonment she put on men’s clothes? I know that she was trying to guard her purity, but according to Dueteronomy, putting on men’s clothes is a grave sin. I’m just really confused that its ok for Joan of Arc to do something that at one time God explicitly forbade as an Abomination.

I know the Old Covenant was fulfilled in Christ, but fulfillment isn’t the same as abrogation. I know of cross dressers and transvestites who cite Joan of Arc to justify thier decision to dress in clothing of the opposite gender. So I guess my question is if there is anything about this situation I’m not taking into consideration?

[FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The following link should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on crossdressing. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Recommended Reading:[/FONT]

[LIST]
*]**Is it immoral for a Catholic male actor to portray a woman in a play? **
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.