Did Martin Luther go to far?

I have read many threads on Catholic Answers on Martin Luther. Some say he did good in what he did to help the stop of selling of Indulgences by the Catholic Church and made the Catholic Church stronger. However, many have said he went to far in regards to breaking away from the Church. My question is there is so much infomation out there on Martin Luther that can anyone suggest a simple book or phamplet on the good and bad that Martin Luther did?

[quote=CatMan]I have read many threads on Catholic Answers on Martin Luther. Some say he did good in what he did to help the stop of selling of Indulgences by the Catholic Church and made the Catholic Church stronger. However, many have said he went to far in regards to breaking away from the Church. My question is there is so much infomation out there on Martin Luther that can anyone suggest a simple book or phamplet on the good and bad that Martin Luther did?
[/quote]

Of course he went too far! What was his problem? I wonder if he really intended to make his “own” church? Who gave him the authority to do that?:banghead:

The only good response to the scandals in the Church is holiness and not schism.

Yes he did in starting a rebellion like Korah’s rebellion.

Jude.1

[list=1]
]11] Woe to them! For they walk in the way of Cain, and abandon themselves for the sake of gain to Balaam’s error, and perish in* Korah**'s rebellion.
[/list]Num.16

1] Now Korah the son of Izhar, son of Kohath, son of Levi, and Dathan and Abi’ram the sons of Eli’ab, and On the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben,
2] took men; and they rose up before Moses, with a number of the people of Israel, two hundred and fifty leaders of the congregation, chosen from the assembly, well-known men;
3] and they assembled themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said to them, "You have gone too far! For all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them; why then do you exalt yourselves above the assembly of the LORD?"
4] When Moses heard it, he fell on his face;
5] and he said to Korah and all his company, “In the morning the LORD will show who is his, and who is holy, and will cause him to come near to him; him whom he will choose he will cause to come near to him.
6] Do this: take censers, Korah and all his company;
7] put fire in them and put incense upon them before the LORD tomorrow, and the man whom the LORD chooses shall be the holy one. You have gone too far, sons of Levi!”

Korah and Dathan wanted to start running the show themselves and set up their own priesthood. They rebelled against the legitimate leader of the Israelites. This is what Luther did as well.

Blessings

Um, yes, he did.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.