Did Mary ever get married?

Or was she just always, “betrothed” to St. Joseph? I ask because I was reading:

“In Luke 1:27, we learn that Mary is betrothed (not married) to Joseph.
In 1 Corinthians 7:36-38, Paul says that it is better to stay betrothed and not get married (have carnal relations).”

catholicbible101.com/interestingbiblefacts.htm

So, does tradition hold that at one point She did indeed get married to St. Joseph? Would She have because She was the pefect Jewess?

In Matt 1:20-25, we see the Angel informing Joseph not to be afraid to take Mary as his wife, and we see that he does just that, so in answer to your question - Yes, Mary was married to Joseph (this is Scriptural). Just curious, what version of the Bible are you getting you reading from? I have looked at several versions (Catholic and Protestant), and I can’t find any version where Paul uses the word “betrothed”.

Ah. Ta muchly.

I’m not sure which translation that site uses.

If she were perpetually betrothed, then she couldn’t have lived under Joseph’s roof. Not only would that be scandalous in all of history except the past 40 years, but in the ancient Jewish customs, the taking of the wife into the house of the husband is the mark that took a betrothal to a marriage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.