Did Muhammed ascend or was he assumed?

Well?

Thanks in advance!

He died. He neither ascended nor was assumed.

Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al-Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

from Quran, Chapter 17 (Al-Isra) verse 1

Well in my view Prophet Muhammad did not literally ascend as some think from Mecca to.Al Aqsa or the Rock in Jerusalem and into heaven…Al Mi’raj.was a vision…a profound spiritual experience.

He died like any other liar.

This is a Catholic Forum. It is not here to answer questions about Muhammed. We Catholics do not honor this person and ascribe nothing special to his life and death. While Muslims do consider Jesus to be a prophet, Catholics do not consider Muhammad a prophet, and to ask this question here is to easily beg a response that will be offensive to Muslim ears.

He died like the rest of us. Jesus Christ rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven because He IS God Incarnate. Mohammed was not and is not.

Is this all there is? What is considered to have actually happened? I see there are different views, what is the standard Islamic view?

Ask an Islamic Forum.

Thanks, I’m asking here, try not to allow it to upset your day.

But this is under the Non Catholic part of the forum, if we went by this, this part of the forum will be empty. :confused:

Sorry. I meant it as a joke.

No problem my thinking is that probably not many muslims would be much interested in the over all tone, which I would feel the same over on their forum if that be the case. I think we need to see the good in everyone which, all must exit by Gods grace. And to see Jesus in everyone, hard as that may be, is to love your neighbor as yourself. :slight_smile: There are these supernatural points which are worth investigation imho. You know One God, Incarnate Jesus, resurrection.

Yes, it is a Catholic forum, however, if you look at the sub-category this thread is under, it’s called:

Non-Catholic Religions!

Ah, I did not notice that part. I suppose it’s allowed then. Muslims are quick to take offense when their prophet is spoken of in a way they don’t like, but in truth, all that Islam stands for is diametrically opposed to Christianity. It is a form of the anti-Christ because Islam rejects the divinity of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and thinks of him only as a man. They do however, show Jesus some honor and believe him to be a great prophet, at least. And they honor Our Lady as she is mentioned in their book.

The Issa/Jesus character in the Islamic book is NOT our Lord Jesus Christ!

Oops. OP should have read: Do Muslims believe Muhammed ascended or that was he assumed?

Thanks again!

I should have put a LOL at the end to subdue the situation. On a serious note, I believe (and I may be wrong) that Mohammed was poisoned by his slave girl because he killed her husband. His friend died immediately but he lived a few years with the poison in him. According to Muslims he ascended into heaven.

Oops. OP should have read: Do Muslims believe Muhammed ascended or that was he assumed?

Thanks again!

Here is a view on Mohammed’s death:

youtube.com/watch?v=6st_tFj6ouM

Actually, Muhammed DESCENDED into the grave and ASSUMED room temperature.

In contrast, Jesus descended into hell, released those who had died prior, and ascended into heaven.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.