Did Satan Create Catholicism? Trump-Supporting Pastor Robert Jeffress Thinks So

An evangelical pastor and President Donald Trump supporter says Catholicism is a “cult-like pagan religion” and the success of the religion is due to “the genius of Satan.”

Dr. Robert Jeffress, a Southern Baptist pastor, says that the Roman Catholic Church is the result of the Babylonian cult system founded by the Book of Revelation in a video posted on YouTube by RWW Blog.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-satan-create-catholicism-trump-175533867.html

How beyond misinformed this person is. Pray for him.

A lot of people think a lot of untrue things. I just want to say that I’ve met many lovely Southern Baptists that have no problem considering me a Christian. Not sure what this dude’s deal is.

I will pray for this man. Unfortunately I believe we will fight anti Catholicism until the end of the age.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

New International Version (NIV)

I find it humorous that the pastor’s supporting President Donald Trump is considered an important detail by this person.

It is important. Trump endorsed this pastor’s book.

Oh, I see. It’s Yahoo’s way of trying to divide Catholics and evangelicals to forward their left-wing agenda.

Doing George Soros’s dirty for him, I see.

What’s the point of mentioning Trump…? Jeeeez

What’s untrue about the story? Did or did not Trump endorse this pastor’s book? Did or did not the pastor condemn Catholicism in the harshest terms?
If the answer is yes, then the reporting seems fair.

Because Trump endorsed this pastor’s book… as the article mentions.

I’m not disputing the contents of the article, but I know the site well enough and the title is a dead give away to motive.

I personally want to pluck my eyelashes when I hear Trump talk but the article mentioned the anti catholic comments were in a video not that book, if I’m not mistaken. Which is why I think it’s an unnecessary piece of information.

If trump endorsed the book which contains anti catholic sentiment in some way, shouldn’t the article be ‘Trump endorses so and so’? Trump being the main subject?

I’m not sure the fact that Trump endorsed Jeffress’ book is an important detail. There is no proof Trump read it, but there is plenty of proof he values loyalty, or potential endorsements, very highly. I suspect that had something to do with it.

I think it’s more important that Rev. Jeffress is a very influential man here in Texas, where Hispanics are leaving the Catholic Church in large numbers.

This is probably the case, I mean, Trump has claimed the Bible is the best book of earth, and his favorite, but It’s pretty evident he hasn’t read a chapter of it.

Ah well, Southern Baptists are not the most homogenous group, but as a rule, they live exemplary Christian lives. They strive, with great zeal, to preach the Gospel as they understand it.

Problem there is, their preaching and exemplary lives frequently includes drawing as many Catholics out of the Church as possible.

Not one chapter? Cmon. Not the 2 Corinthians tripe again. As if Village Voice snobs know anything about Christianity. I once had a Democrat ask me if the nativity narrative is in the Bible.
Is Trump the paragon of Christian virtue? Nor was Lenin. Doesn’t mean the later didn’t read the Bible.

I know, who cares that he supported Trump? Trump obviously doesn’t care about this baloney when he is having Cardinal Dolan participating in his inauguration.

Even if Trump endorsed this book, I highly doubt he read one word of it. If this guy got him some votes or otherwise helped/ was loyal to him, he returned the favor, like politicians do.
Also, it’s not exactly news that a lot of Baptists do not like the Catholics. Been going on forever as far as I know - I’ve had some Baptist relatives in the past and been exposed to some of that, although other Baptists don’t give a darn and just want to live and let live.

Donald J. Trump :heavy_check_mark:@realDonaldTrump
Great book just out, “A Place Called Heaven,” by Dr. Robert Jeffress - A wonderful man!
4:52 PM - Oct 20, 2017
21,575 21,575 Replies 13,011 13,011 Retweets 65,551 65,551 likes

“In the metric most cherished by the president—loyalty to the Trump White House—Jeffress is, indeed, wonderful. But among Catholics, Mormons, gays, Tim Tebow, and people who don’t think that access to abortion caused 9/11, Jeffress isn’t so universally beloved.”

Exactly. The take-away here is not that President Trump endorsed his book. He’s no expert on religion anyway. It’s that a preacher upon whose words many people base their lives says Catholics can’t be Christians.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.