Did they really exist?

Hello,

I need your help! I have a group project that is due and its based on a survey. It will be highly appreciated if you can take a minute to answer the questions. I will be forever grateful.

Please click on the link to be redirected to the survey: surveymonkey.com/s/SLG5556

Thank you very much for your time.

I took the survey.

I couldn't answer question 1 correctly.

It's not a survey; it's a test. If someone "can't answer one question CORRECTLY", it's a test.

If you have to know or look up this chapter of Genesis or that chapter of Job, IT'S A TEST.

Here's my question: do you think our purpose in this life is to study for a history test?

I took the survey, and didn;t have much trouble. There was only one question that was directly connected to an outside source (the Bible), and I didn't have to look it up; I know the book, and the context was pretty clear. But it might be hard for someone who hasn't read the Bible or just doesn't remember that part of it. it's not for everyone, I guess. Still, it was interesting, and I thank the OP for letting us participate.

Also, for directing us to the site. You know, there are other surveys there, and for each one you take, it will donate a dollar to the charity of the participant's choice. I've got to get to sleep now, but will check it out again tomorrow.

Again, thanks.

Nothing like an unbiased survey! :p
I was disappointed at not seeing the results at the end.

[quote="didymus, post:6, topic:234057"]
Nothing like an unbiased survey! :p
I was disappointed at not seeing the results at the end.

[/quote]

Aye no bias whasoever in that survey at all was there. ;)

It's also plainly aimed only at Americans as the whole are you conservative or liberal divide referenced in question one is reflective of American political concerns and thinking and would be far less meaningful outside that context. Like Lynx I would have been unable to answer it as one I am not American and my politics would fit BOTH models.As I suspect would be even true for many Americans though...

"It's not a survey; it's a test. If someone "can't answer one question CORRECTLY", it's a test."

By not answer correctly, they mean that the first question had only two options, and neither described them.

Hello,

The question in regards to your affilition on conservative or liberal is based if you are a conservative chrisitan or a liberal christian. The survey has nothing to do with politics. :)

thank you very much, all of you are awesome for participating.

[quote="mrivera118, post:9, topic:234057"]
Hello,

The question in regards to your affilition on conservative or liberal is based if you are a conservative chrisitan or a liberal christian. The survey has nothing to do with politics. :)

[/quote]

Forgive me if I raise an eyebrow a la Mr.Spock from Star Trek and mutter, ' interesting' while examing your assertion.

[quote="mrivera118, post:9, topic:234057"]
Hello,

[/quote]

I took it as best as I could; I'm from England and I don't even know what the first question meant, it was very confusing! I'm orthodox in my faith, I wouldn't say "conservative" is a relevant statement regards to faith, neither is liberal-that's sort of like saying "relativist".
:shrug:

Basically, it was a series of questions that set out to prove conservative Christians don't believe in dinosaurs! :p

[quote="FightingFat, post:11, topic:234057"]
I took it as best as I could; I'm from England and I don't even know what the first question meant, it was very confusing! I'm orthodox in my faith, I wouldn't say "conservative" is a relevant statement regards to faith, neither is liberal-that's sort of like saying "relativist".
:shrug:

Basically, it was a series of questions that set out to prove conservative Christians don't believe in dinosaurs! :p

[/quote]

Yes - it's a bit of an odd statement to me as well. I'm not English but I know where you are coming from here. In any case supporting or not supporting evolution or on old Earth or young Earth are matters of choice for Catholics. It's not an either/or proposition for us.

when do we get to see the results?

[quote="CHRISTINE77, post:13, topic:234057"]
when do we get to see the results?

[/quote]

Yes I'd be interested in that to. Especially when question 4 includes this among the possible responses:-

No, I'm not a believer of nonsense. Archaeologist along with their crew made it up, created the fossils and did a great job making it seem like they once existed. Just like an atheist does not believe in a God, I do not believe that dinosaurs ever existed

What an interesting way to express one of the possible choices........

That's weird. I think it must have been edited since I took it because I don't remember some of the things you people are talking about.

[quote="JharekCarnelian, post:14, topic:234057"]
Yes I'd be interested in that to. Especially when question 4 includes this among the possible responses:-

What an interesting way to express one of the possible choices........

[/quote]

:rotfl:

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!

I see that the conservative and/or liberal question maybe worded wrong, as for the question or the answer. I will have to go online and try to find as close of a good definition to explain the difference or express better the difference between the two. I am conducting two surveys, one for Catholic's and Orthodox's, and the other one to the public such as anyone from whatever their belief maybe. The purpose on this survey, which was an idea from my professor, is that we wanted to see if there is a different view from Catholic's and/or Orthodox's of the existence of dinosaurs from those who are not of the same religion/belief as you. I must say it is very interesting; my partner and I were shocked to see the results. As in regards to the results i will try to post it on Monday or Tuesday and I will also post the other survey so that you can see that too.

I am thankful for all of your participation. You are making this survey possible and when we present it I know a lot of people will be amazed by the results as well and probably you will be too.

Thank you very much and God Bless you all.

Is your professor aware you haver worded one of the response to the fourth question like this:-

No, I'm not a believer of nonsense. Archaeologist along with their crew made it up, created the fossils and did a great job making it seem like they once existed. Just like an atheist does not believe in a God, I do not believe that dinosaurs ever existed

It doesn't seem a particularly well planned or professional survey to be frank.

Hello,

I found a better way to word question #1, How would you characterize your religious view? Is it a:

• Conservative view
  • Liberal view

In response to JharekCarnelian, this is just a survey to see what are the beliefs towards the existence of dinosaurs. In regards to the wording for the answers pertaining to question #7, those answers that were given are from how the general public may respond from being nonchalant to extreme. This survey will only be presented in class and no where else; therefore, it being planned or professional is not necessary. We are trying to collect anonymous unbias data in whether you believe in dinosaurs and how it fits in what your beliefs are, pertaining to your religion denomination. Hopefully that clears up the confusion.

thank you

Just took the survey & also found it interesting. Good luck with your project, & welcome to Catholic Answers! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.