Did transubstantiation took place in the Last Supper?

Did transubstantiation took place in the Last Supper?

Jesus said, “This is my Body.” [Matt 26:26, Mk 14:22, Lk 22:19, 1Cor 11:24]

If it was really his body, then transubstantiation took place. If it was not his body, then he was lying.

I’m gonna go with Door #1.

Yes, by anticipation. It was a miracle over and above that of Transubstantion because He had not been Crucified yet. As a Divine Person He had the power to make His glorifed body present at any time any where, even before His death.

Linus2nd

There is a beautiful article by Scott Hahn where he pours over these verses and explains why Jesus did this.

You can read an excerpt here

ewtn.com/faith/teachings/euchc2.htm

I would also reccomend reading or watching “the 4th cup” also by Scott Hahn.

youtube.com/watch?v=GzaiwqsDAm8

Yes. Prior to becoming Pope Francis, Cardinal Bergoglio stated in a 2008 catechesis on the Eucharist:*By preemptively giving Himself at the Last Supper, the Lord transforms the moment and place in which covenants are broken (the moment of the treason by Judas) in the kairos – of holy time and space – where this new Covenant is sealed forever.
*:o

This is the best short explanation of the validity of transubstantion I´ve ever read. God bless:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.