Did you know that President Trump is the first American President in 39 years not to start a war? Or that Trump was nominated four times for Nobel Peace Prizes?

President Trump is the first American leader since Reagan not to start a war. Instead, he’s rebuilt our military, restored American sovereignty, & renewed the “peace through strength” foreign policy that helped our country win the Cold War.

President Trump has championed the cause of peace for years. But it appears his work at landing a historic agreement between Israel and the UAE is what clinched it.

The Norwegian leader, Tybring-Gjedde, who nominated Trump admitted he was no “Trump supporter,” but couldn’t deny what the president had accomplished. “I’m not a big Trump supporter,” he said. “The committee should look at the facts and judge him on the facts."

Not only did Trump accomplish this major deal between Israel and UAE (as well as other major peace deals), but he’s the first American president in 39 years not to start a new war or conflict. “Indeed, Trump has broken a 39-year-old streak of American Presidents either starting a war or bringing the United States into an international armed conflict.”

President Trump has been de-escalating conflict around the world. He’s been bringing back our troops from Iraq and other countries.

From all appearances, Trump is pursuing the cause of peace worldwide. Meanwhile, the liberal media and Democrats keep saying he’s going to start WWIII.
Which do you really believe?
(https://patriotjournal.org/official-trump-nobel-prize-obama/)

“Sometimes it’s easy to miss the things that don’t happen,” said Tucker Carlson this week. “We are living in an unusual period in American history where we are living under an administration that hasn’t started a new war. That hasn’t happened in more than 40 years.“

1. Trump first was nominated by Norwegian Parliament member Christian Tybring-Gjedde, who cited Trump’s successful peace deal between Israel and the UAE.
  2. His second nomination came only a short time later, from Magnus Jacobsson, for his “historic Kosovo-Serbia Peace deal.”
  3. In late September, Trump was nominated for a third time for his ‘Trump Doctrine.’"
  4. President Trump has been nominated a fourth time for specific accomplishments.
    A Finnish member of the European Parliament, Laura Huhtasaari, wrote that he should be honored “in recognition of his endeavors to end the era of endless wars, construct peace by encouraging conflicting parties for dialogue and negotiations, as well as underpin internal cohesion and stability of his country.” And there are the “historic peace deals” involving Israel, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.

Did you know that Joe Biden voted in favor of the Iraq War when Biden was a Senator?

7 Likes

Yes, we need commonsense directing some of our foreign affairs especially when the lives of Americans are sacrificed.

It is not easy

2 Likes

Yes I did. And it’s very important. In Europe, all the problems with immigration and militant Islam can be traced to a series of disatroua US interventions by both Republican and Democrat Presidents.

Some of President Trump’s other foreign affairs accomplishments:

• Has had over a dozen US hostages freed, including those Obama could not get freed.
  • Under his leadership ISIS has lost most of their territory and been largely dismantled.
  • Brokered historic peace deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, and others
  • Withdrew from the one-sided Iran nuclear deal in which the Obama Administration gave more than $100 billion to the world’s largest funder of terrorism.
  • #1 in 2019 in the world in reducing carbon emissions, according to the International Energy Agency
  • Companies have brought back over a TRILLION dollars from overseas because of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 that Trump signed.
  • Agreed to a new trade deal with Mexico & Canada that will increase jobs here and money coming in.
  • Under Trump’s leadership, in 2018 the U.S. surpassed Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of crude oil.
  • Energy independence: U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high so we are less dependent on oil from the Middle East.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
  • NATO allies increased their defense spending because of his pressure campaign.
  • Withdrew the U.S. from the job killing TPP deal.
  • Trump finalized the creation of Space Force as our 6th Military branch.
  • President Trump ordered a halt to U.S. tax money going to international organizations that fund or perform abortions.
    https://frankreport.com/2020/04/18/one-hundred-twenty-five-amazing-accomplishments-of-president-donald-j-trump/
3 Likes

God Bless President Trump…MAGA​:us::pray:

2 Likes

But he’s had three wives, and is twice-divorced! And he used a naughty word about a woman’s anatomy when he was alone with another man (or thought he was alone). And he makes fun of fellow politicians–not a gentleman at all.

And of course all of these good things that he has accomplished were actually accomplished by Democrats, but Donald Trump is just hogging the credit.

And who cares about world peace and security. Pres. Trump is responsible for all the COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. because he didn’t do…what was it he should have done? At any rate, Hillary Clinton would have done COVID-19 right and only a few people would have died. And Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will do it RIGHT and conquer this virus!

People are so silly. I would rather have someone who says naughty words but has my back than someone who speaks well of women and walks away when I need help.

8 Likes

Well said,Peeps!:+1:

2 Likes

I don’t remember a war during the Clinton administration.

Remind me?

1 Like

The Billy Bush incident wasn’t just about a naughty word.

He was bragging of the attempted and failed seduction of a married woman. He then segued yo describe how he cannot control himself to kiss woman he doesn’t even ask, and finally how since he’s famous he can grab them by their private parts.

He was on a bus, with a number of people, including a bus driver, with a microphone on.

He was newly married and a dad to five children including newborn Barton.

He was almost 60 years old.

3 Likes

But… who cares? Not the “good” Catholics.

Quite a number of people or organizations can be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

1 Like

318 this year, as I recall. So Trump is just one of 318.

Did you know that along with President Trump, Joe Biden has also been nominated for the Nobel Prize?

1 Like

Still a Saint compared to the opposition that don’t seem to get complained about.

One could probably call Nato action on Yugoslavia (or Serbia) a war.

Anyway, sometimes we do have to go to war unfortunately.

I would note still though, with Trump, it is peace on a rather wide basis. I could not vote for those who advocate violence to some or as the case maybe, in most cases.

2 Likes

Our interventions in Bosnia and Somalia come to mind first.

2 Likes

Did we start a war in Afghanistan or did we respond to the 9/11 attacks by invading the country that gave al Quaeda a home and a base of operations?

Did we start a war with Japan by declaring war on them after they attacked us without warning at Pearl Harbor?

I think Trump has been lucky there haven’t been any new foreign crises that require him to deploy the military.

4 Likes

The ongoing Iraqui no-fly policy; war in Somalia; Bosnia; Haiti; Kosovo; operations in Afghanistan.

Iraq, Libya, Syria, and Yemen are all pretty good examples of things we had no business getting involved in.

Yes I agree but my point was that not every war we’ve been involved in was caused by an act of aggression on our part.

Of course. But it’s a pretty safe bet if Hilary or another Republican was sitting there we’d have found something to bomb or invade

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.