Didache Book Purchase

I would like to obtain a hardback or paperback copy of the Didache? I didn’t know if anyone knew a good version to purchase?

Thanks,

Matthew

Not hardback…but you what to have one with sound Catholic commentary like this one

chnetwork.org/book/clement-of-rome-the-didache-a-new-translation-and-theological-commentary/

That is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks!

Your very welcome

The Didache is also contained in The Treasury of Catholic Wisdom, by Fr. John Hardon, S.J.†

His book also contains numerous other theological, spiritual and doctrinal writings from Ignatius of Antioch to Saint Thomas Aquinas, all the way up to G.K. Chesterton and Bishop Fulton J. Sheen. An excellent resource.

It is in public domain, correct? I Googled it and found some free download places - maybe someone knows which ones are reliable?

Great recommendation! Thank you very much

No, actually it’s copyright A. D. 94, Twelve Apostles Inc. All Rights Reserved.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So one would have to obtain permission to create a derivative work, say, “Didache: The Musical”?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:tiphat:

The original may no longer be under copyright, probably never was. But the translation is.

Its hard to find the Didache on its own. It is normally a part of a collection with either Church Fathers or Apocryphal New Testaments.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.