Didn’t go to Easter morning mass, did I sin?

I attended Easter vigil last night, and when I got up this morning I didn’t feel like going to Sunday Mass for the first time in a long time, I just feel tired and discouraged for some reason. I read that Easter vigil fulfilled the Sunday obligation, but I’m not sure. Do I need to go to confession?

The vigil fulfilled your Easter obligation. Hope you get to feeling better.

4 Likes

CajunJoy is right.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Are you a new Catholic?

Why would you think the Easter Vigil on Saturday night does not fulfill the obligation when the Saturday evening mass fulfills the Sunday obligation every other week of the year?

Are you a new Catholic? Did they not teach you this?

I can see how it’d be confusing if you came from a tradition that placed an emphasis on Easter morning but you’re good.

1 Like

I’m a cradle catholic. They did teach us that, but I guess I was being a little scrupulous.

Please get help with your scrupulosity.

While it may be beneficial to attend both the Vigil and the Mass during the Day, the obligation is only to attend one of the two.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.