Didn't understand this verse

Alot of times in church I cannot understand what the priest is saying. So here I am asking you guys. verse
Isaiah 50:4c-9c
The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word sustains the weary. he wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught. The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears, and I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back. I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide me face from mocking and spitting. Because the Sovereign Lord helps me I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint and I know I will not be put to shame. He who vindicates me is near. Who then will be charges against me? Let us face each other! It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me. Who is he that will condemn me? They will al wear out like a garment; the moths will eat them up.

and Mark 8: 27-35 I don’t feel like typing this one out.
But I do understand James 2:14-18

These passages from Isaias 50,are Prophesies about our Lord Jesus,the Passion He would endure for us.(Wisdom 2:12-21).Hope this helps.

“For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.”

Mark 8:35 is a roadmap to heaven, and indicates the amount of surrender required to enter it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.