Didn't We Learn Anything From London?

[quote=iamrefreshed]You can’t have it both ways. It seems to me you want the government to put you in a protective cocoon and let someone else pick up the tab!
[/quote]

No dont put me in a protective cocoon…but spend the tax money that you get wisely not piss it away !!! The key word here is wisely!!!

[quote=Karin]No dont put me in a protective cocoon…but spend the tax money that you get wisely not piss it away !!! The key word here is wisely!!!
[/quote]

Believe me Karin, after paying Long Island property taxes ($9K/yr) I know how you feel.

But, you can never protect the world from all harm. As nice as it would be.

[quote=iamrefreshed]Believe me Karin, after paying Long Island property taxes ($9K/yr) I know how you feel. LOL!! I thought I had it bad with Bergen County taxes of $8500 plus catholic high school tuition…guess not!!!

But, you can never protect the world from all harm. As nice as it would be. I agree but do somethings wisely and be proactive./QUOTE]
[/quote]

[quote=Karin]Oh I am so glad that you can read my mind estesbob…NOT! No my post was not the usual blaming everything that happens on Bush…it was more to the point of why are we waiting for things to happen before we make changes (is it not better to be proactive???)
[/quote]

But thats not what you said-you said

“Aren’t you glad your fate rests in the hands of the dynamic trio of Bush, DeLay and Frist?”

How can anyone take that as anything but a political attack?

[quote=estesbob]But thats not what you said-you said

“Aren’t you glad your fate rests in the hands of the dynamic trio of Bush, DeLay and Frist?”

How can anyone take that as anything but a political attack?
[/quote]

Ah I see the problem…you dont understand what is the words that are written are…I did not write that as you would of found out if you clicked the link…here let me supply it again for you… americasdemocrats.org/ also it is stated that "As columnist Neal Peirce notes" (see post #1) so it is he that is making a politcal attack…no where did I state if I am for or against BUSH…so please carefully read what is written before you put words in others mouths :smiley:

[quote=iamrefreshed]As a former daily rider of the NYC subway system I assure you there is NO WAY to protect everyone 100%.

[/quote]

Spot on. That’s why it’s such a good “political plum target” – it can’t be done other than to dissolve all mass transit IMO, but it makes for “high rhetoric”.

[quote=Karin]How about both :slight_smile: …FYI…some Arabs have blond hair and blue eyes…so how do you distinguish???
[/quote]

Well, for one thing, they are not female, old, with a cane and a purse.

[quote=Karin]Ah I see the problem…you dont understand what is the words that are written are…I did not write that as you would of found out if you clicked the link…here let me supply it again for you… americasdemocrats.org/ also it is stated that "As columnist Neal Peirce notes" (see post #1) so it is he that is making a politcal attack…no where did I state if I am for or against BUSH…so please carefully read what is written before you put words in others mouths :smiley:
[/quote]

Oh, so tricky. A post from that site and possible a Bush supporter. I’ll be up all night wondering.

:rotfl:

[quote=Brad]Well, for one thing, they are not female, old, with a cane and a purse.
[/quote]

You never know but more than likely you are right :slight_smile:

[quote=Brad]Oh, so tricky. A post from that site and possible a Bush supporter. I’ll be up all night wondering.
[/quote]

No tricks …but you should not assume things is all I was trying to say…you know what they say about assuming!!! If you have questions or are unsure ASK!!! Oh no, please dont loose any sleep pondering these things.

[quote=Brad]So they doubled the number of officers and are doing random searches.

What else are you looking for?

You’re not going to “feel” safe until all the terrorists are gone.
[/quote]

Random seraches are of limited utility. What’s needed, as long as the government insists on policies that make anti-American terrorism more likely, is racial profiling. Law enforcement needs to closely watch young Middle Eastern males, the people most likely to carry out terrorist acts.

[quote=gnjsdad]Random seraches are of limited utility. What’s needed, as long as the government insists on policies that make anti-American terrorism more likely, why not change the policies then it wont be a problem:) , is racial profiling. Law enforcement needs to closely watch young Middle Eastern males, the people most likely to carry out terrorist acts.
[/quote]

Oh that means racial profiling of blacks should be ok…hey NJ State Troopers will love that!

I was amused when New York announced that the searches would be truly random with no attention to race or religion. I could see cops searching orthodox Jews in Williamsburg and student rabbis around Yeshiva to ensure that they are not suicide bombers.:rolleyes:

[quote=Joe Kelley]I was amused when New York announced that the searches would be truly random with no attention to race or religion. I could see cops searching orthodox Jews in Williamsburg and student rabbis around Yeshiva to ensure that they are not suicide bombers.:rolleyes:
[/quote]

**Oh I never thought of that…how long before they say they are victims of racial profiling or sue somebody??? **

[quote=Karin]Oh that means racial profiling of blacks should be ok…hey NJ State Troopers will love that!
[/quote]

Regarding your comment about changing the policies…

I could not agree more. I have been saying that from the day I began posting here :slight_smile:

What does NJ state troopers profiling blacks have to do with preventing a terrorist attack? It’s young males of Middle Eastern descent we need to be watching.

Well, not to put the blame on the left, but, immediately following the announcement that NYC police were going to randomly search bags and backpacks, the ACLU chimed in and said that it would be an infringement on civil liberties. They, of course, are against the checking of any baggage and are threatening to make moves to stop the searches.
Perhaps we should be profiling the left, or at least the ACLU, in this country to keep ourselves safe.

GNJSDAD:
Racial profiling of blacks by NJ State Troopers was stopped because it was not “nice” so I fugured since you guys wanted to start racial profiling again perhaps we could start profiling blacks along with other races. Fair is Fair…or should racial profiling only apply to Arab men??

[quote=gnjsdad]Random seraches are of limited utility. What’s needed, as long as the government insists on policies that make anti-American terrorism more likely, is racial profiling. Law enforcement needs to closely watch young Middle Eastern males, the people most likely to carry out terrorist acts.
[/quote]

I agree we need profiling. I disagree that terrorism will stop by appeasing the terrorists.

[quote=gnjsdad]Regarding your comment about changing the policies…

I could not agree more. I have been saying that from the day I began posting here :slight_smile:

What does NJ state troopers profiling blacks have to do with preventing a terrorist attack? It’s young males of Middle Eastern descent we need to be watching.
[/quote]

I don’t think the NJ state troopers only job is to stop terrorists.

[quote=Brad]I don’t think the NJ state troopers only job is to stop terrorists.
[/quote]

:smiley: SInce you feel racial profiling is OK is it only OK when profiling men and woman that look ARAB or does it apply to everyone, black white etc.???

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.