Didn't We Learn Anything From London?

LOL!!! My fate lies in the Hands of God Almighty through the Sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Regarding Bush, Delay and Frist: I’m a lot happier with them than I would be with Kerry, Reid, and Pelosi.

[quote=thestickman]LOL!!! My fate lies in the Hands of God Almighty through the Sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Regarding Bush, Delay and Frist: I’m a lot happier with them than I would be with Kerry, Reid, and Pelosi.
[/quote]

**ah stickman…please not I only posted a copy of an article…the following words are not mine …they are part of the article :smiley: **
Originally Posted by Karin
Aren’t you glad your fate rests in the hands of the dynamic trio of Bush, DeLay and Frist?

The first step in protecting ourselves from terrorist should be to close our porous borders. Both of them. We must know who is entering our country and why. It will not be easy or inexpensive but if we want security it must be done. I supported Bush and the Republicans but they are reluctant to do this and those of us who elected him must hold his feet to the fire on this.

[quote=Lance]The first step in protecting ourselves from terrorist should be to close our porous borders. Both of them. We must know who is entering our country and why. It will not be easy or inexpensive but if we want security it must be done.**But this is the reason why these measures have not been taken COST…could also be a lack of manpower. **
[/quote]

what a radical idea :rolleyes: Lance. But beyond closing the borders we must hold the goverment accountable for who they give visas etc. to.

[quote=Karin]what a radical idea :rolleyes: Lance. But beyond closing the borders we must hold the goverment accountable for who they give visas etc. to.
[/quote]

I totally agree.

[quote=Lance]I totally agree.
[/quote]

check this out…
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=65897

[quote=Karin]:smiley: SInce you feel racial profiling is OK is it only OK when profiling men and woman that look ARAB or does it apply to everyone, black white etc.???
[/quote]

Profiling is a procedure that his been around since we started looking for criminals. You gather as much information as you know about a suspect and you create a profile. Then you look for people that match the profile. Race happens to be one of the most obvious and unchangeable identifiers. Different circumstances call for different profiles.

When white, black, and hispanic men are regularly blowing up people, then the terrorist profile should extend beyond the Arab race.

[quote=Brad]Profiling is a procedure that his been around since we started looking for criminals. You gather as much information as you know about a suspect and you create a profile. Then you look for people that match the profile. Race happens to be one of the most obvious and unchangeable identifiers. Different circumstances call for different profiles.

When white, black, and hispanic men are regularly blowing up people, then the terrorist profile should extend beyond the Arab race.
[/quote]

But why not just search everyone?? Then no racial factors come into play. Everyone is treated equally.

[quote=Karin]But why not just search everyone?? Then no racial factors come into play. Everyone is treated equally.
[/quote]

Because everyone isn’t trying to blow up buildings, planes, and people. Only Islamic terrorists are. Duh!

[quote=Della]Because everyone isn’t trying to blow up buildings, planes, and people. Only Islamic terrorists are. Duh!
[/quote]

Della-
DUH…last time I checked not all Arabs are muslim, not all Arabs are dark skinned and not all Muslims are trying to blow things up! So search the Blacks, Whites , Asians and Arabs and everyone else!

[quote=Karin]But why not just search everyone?? Then no racial factors come into play. Everyone is treated equally.
[/quote]

Time and money come into play and why waste either of them just so we don’t hurt someone’s feelings? If Islam took control of the radicals they would not have to put up with the extra security measures.

[quote=Lance]Time and money come into play and why waste either of them just so we don’t hurt someone’s feelings? If Islam took control of the radicals they would not have to put up with the extra security measures.
[/quote]

Ok Lance…help me out here…what is the offical profile of a terrorist??

[quote=Karin]Ok Lance…help me out here…what is the offical profile of a terrorist??
[/quote]

Young Arabic looking man between the ages of 18 and 40. That is my profile, I have no idea what the government’s profile is.

[quote=Lance]Young Arabic looking man between the ages of 18 and 40. That is my profile, I have no idea what the government’s profile is.
[/quote]

and what does an arabic man look like to you …describe him please.** Also any idea where i can find out the goverments profile?**

[quote=Karin]Della-
DUH…last time I checked not all Arabs are muslim, not all Arabs are dark skinned and not all Muslims are trying to blow things up! So search the Blacks, Whites , Asians and Arabs and everyone else!
[/quote]

Oh yes, I’m sure a diminutive 57 year old white woman from the Midwest is a prime candidate to hijack and blow up a plane. That profile is me, btw. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Della]Oh yes, I’m sure a diminutive 57 year old white woman from the Midwest is a prime candidate to hijack and blow up a plane. That profile is me, btw. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

** Heck you never know anything is possible (not saying that you would though) …that is the point. If you start profiling arab looking people the radicals will jsut recruit whites or blacks or asians etc. **
**There are white young men that follow radical Islam, just as there are blacks that follow this also…oh woman also fall into this category. **

[quote=Karin]and what does an arabic man look like to you …describe him please.** Also any idea where i can find out the goverments profile?**
[/quote]

He looks like my son-in-law. Dark complexion, black hair, etc. I am sure that you know what most Arabs look like. Sure there are some who have blond hair and fair skin but they are like Danes who have dark skin and blck hair. It is difficult to distinguish an Arab from a Hispanic so if the screener is unsure they could give them both an extra look. Names also give a clue as to nationality, someone name Mohamid is unlikely to be Hispanic while someone name Jesus is unlikely to be Muslim.

[quote=Karin]** Heck you never know anything is possible (not saying that you would though) …that is the point. If you start profiling arab looking people the radicals will jsut recruit whites or blacks or asians etc. **
**There are white young men that follow radical Islam, just as there are blacks that follow this also…oh woman also fall into this category. **
[/quote]

Until we start seeing these other people commit acts of terror, why don’t we focus on the people who are committing them.

[quote=Lance]He looks like my son-in-law. Dark complexion, black hair, etc. I am sure that you know what most Arabs look like. Sure there are some who have blond hair and fair skin but they are like Danes who have dark skin and blck hair. It is difficult to distinguish an Arab from a Hispanic so if the screener is unsure they could give them both an extra look. Names also give a clue as to nationality, someone name Mohamid is unlikely to be Hispanic while someone name Jesus is unlikely to be Muslim.
[/quote]

Funny…the Arabs I know have light hair, blue or green eyes and are fair to medium in coloring. Yes, there are many Arabs that look as you describe…but can you see the problem of going on just looks? SO everyone with a muslim name should be stopped, even though they might not meet the physical traits you describe??

[quote=Lance]Until we start seeing these other people commit acts of terror, why don’t we focus on the people who are committing them.
[/quote]

as mike stated on the other thread and i quote him here…

[quote=MikeWM]I query how much use this is though. It seems that all it will achieve is in creating a sense of injustice to some people, giving the extremists further weapons, without achieving much if anything.

You can’t do it on London Transport, it is just impossible. And it wouldn’t have prevented 9/11. These people are going for gaps in our defences (gaps like the fact it was perfectly legal to take a box-cutter onto an aeroplane). If we profile certain types of people in certain places, they’ll just move onto other types of people or other places.

That may sound a bit defeatist - that’s not my intention, but I simply don’t think profiling works in these cases.

Mike
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.