Dieing of Leukemia! Prayers desperately needed

Hello good and fellow Catholics! :slight_smile:

I beg and appreciate any of your prayers that can be offered for my brother’s girlfriend who is dieing of leukemia. She was actually given till the end of October last year to live, but she’s still alive. Unfortunately, she’s been refusing confession and annointing of the sick since she doesn’t want to believe she’s going to die (since she doesn’t want to leave her son alone or my brother) even though her body is failing her beyond belief (she’s truly a walking miracle since last October), and just a few days ago, my brother told me that now she has edema (fluid buildup) in her legs, and can now hardly walk and keeps passing out from all the pain she’s constantly under. She also refuses to go to the ER… I’m praying that she’ll go to a healing mass this Saturday with confession and then receive our Lord through Holy Communion. It’s been a stressful time since she keeps getting worse, and I can’t help but feel that these sacraments are what she needs, before she passes on, (if that is God’s will).
Please pray for her… she really needs it.
Thank you all very much, and God bless!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Father, in Jesus’ name,

please draw this young woman into the graces and consolations of the Sacraments she needs. It is her love for Suko’s brother and their child that is preventing her from seeing that she is dying now. She cannot face her impending death because she does not wish to leave them without her love and presence. Dear Father, You love them more than any human can, please let her trust that You will provide love and care for them even when she has physically left them.

Please surround her and her partner and their child with Your light and love.
Please console and strengthen them.

Thank You, Father

Prayers sent!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying…

God,
Please take Your daughter into her arms. Grant her the peace to accept a happy death, and please give her the strength to recieve Your Holy Sacraments. Please comfort her family in this troubling time. Through the intercession of Our Blessed Lady.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

suko, so very sorry to read this my heart breaks for you all, maybe if you contact a priest and explain the situation to him he will be able to give you some advice on how to reasure her that the annointing of the sick is administered to bring spiritual and even physical strength during an illness and not just given before death.may God give her peace of mind and the strength for her to see this beautiful sacrament for what it really is and not as the beginning of the end .she will be in my prayers .God bless

Praying for this young lady.
Grandma glor

Praying for your Brother’s Girlfriend ,

Father, in Jesus’ name, please draw this young woman into the graces and consolations of the Sacraments she needs. It is her love for Suko’s brother and their child that is preventing her from seeing that she is dying now. She cannot face her impending death because she does not wish to leave them without her love and presence. Dear Father, You love them more than any human can, please let her trust that You will provide love and care for them even when she has physically left them.

Please surround her and her partner and their child with Your light and love.
Please console and strengthen them.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Lord God, Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us

Thank you all so much for the prayers!

Just thought to mention though, Hollie’s been given a green scapular last September/October which I strongly believe assures her of a happy death, according to one of the promises of our blessed mother, Mary, of those that wear one. And I trust our blessed loving mother, Mary, and I firmly believe that’s what’s been keeping her alive since last October. She’s actually had constant fevers and fevers up to 107 for several, several months at one point, which is truly unheard of (and even then, she refused to go to the hospital during that time…) I just know our Lady is interceding for sure. But I fear that the longer Hollie lasts this out, the more pain, and the more things that are already wrong with her body will increase, as they have been for quite some time. I find it comforting though that this Saturday is the feast of the Assumption, makes me hope that something great and miraculous will happen if she goes to the healing mass (which I’m praying and fasting that she will), something that will give great glory to God and honor to our Blessed Lady.

Dear Lord, allow this woman to realize she is in need of care at a hospital and to try to have a visitation from a priest to her home if she is unable to go to a church to receive annointing of the sick to place her in grace with You before her death in this life and resurrection to You God have mercy upon her and forgive her her sins until she is joined with You once more eternally. For this we pray, Lord, Amen

suko,
try to see that a priest come to her if she cannot go to a priest. If need be, the annointing can come to her in the very end if she and when she becomes unconscious and can no longer function without machinery to keep her heart pumping.
God Bless, and hang in there, she is in the hands of the Lord as we speak. [even without the physical blessings, God is always present.] I will pray for her to receive comfort in her days she has left.

Thank you again everyone for your prayers!

Unfortunately, she’s been refusing to see a priest since last October (which was about when she was given by the doctors till the end of October to live). I truly, truly believe she’s still alive because she’s consecrated to the Immaculate heart of Mary through the wearing of the Green Scapular, a sign of true devotion to her and which assures of a happy death. I know God’s mercy is unlimited and unfathomable, and that’s why I hope and pray that God will bestow on her the grace of the desire to go to this healing mass and receive all the sacraments this very special Saturday. There’s like an all-day event at our Assumption Grotto church (very fitting name) this Saturday with rosaries, confessions, Blessing of the Sick, masses, consecrations to Mary, and even our Archbishop Vigneron will be there for the 7pm mass. It’s almost too perfect. I look forward to it with much hope.

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Amen

closed #19

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.