Diferents mortal sins

I know what it is mortal sin, but I don’t understand how could it be the same to have an abortion or kill someone, than to have intimacy with your fiance.:shrug:
Shall I go to hell in both cases?

The conjugal union between a man and a woman is a lot more serious than a lot of people make it out to be these days.

The church teaches through the Catechism that Sexuality is ordered to the conjugal love of man and woman. In marriage the physical intimacy of the spouses becomes a sign and pledge of spiritual communion. Marriage bonds between baptized persons are sanctified by the sacrament.

By its very nature conjugal love requires the inviolable fidelity of the spouses. This is the consequence of the gift of themselves which they make to each other. Love seeks to be definitive; it cannot be an arrangement “until further notice.” The “intimate union of marriage, as a mutual giving of two persons, and the good of the children, demand total fidelity from the spouses and require an unbreakable union between them.”

Intimacy between fiancés may not seem like a big deal, but it’s a desecration of the sacrament of marriage, a total usurping of God’s design for the human race.

I hope this helps

Peace

Mortal sins have different degrees of seriousness

If you committed either with full knowledge and full consent and did not repent before you died then yes

Look into all the passages in the New Testameent of how bad fornication is ( Revelation says they will be in a lake of fire, Paul says they will not inherit the kingdom of heaven)

There are different degrees of torments in hell too.

The understanding of what one mortal sin is has nothing to do with comparing one sin to another.

A mortal sin blows out the life of God in the soul…any mortal sin. That is why any mortal sin, one considered “not so bad”, or one that is considered “horrific”. Every mortal sin kills Christ in the soul. It just takes one,…not two or three…or "horrific’ ones only … but just one will snuff out the life of God in the soul.

After the first one committed, the rest just add to the judgment.

May the Good Shepherd fill you with peace.

Same way God placed “Thou shall not kill” with “Honor thy Mother and thy Father”

Both are Ten Commandments.

When you break one of Ten Commandments, you commit a mortal sin. Irregardless of society’s view of the sin.

=chinie19;12791793]I know what it is mortal sin, but I don’t understand how could it be the same to have an abortion or kill someone, than to have intimacy with your fiance.:shrug:

Shall I go to hell in both cases?

YES!:o Why? [UNLESS repented, confessed and forgiven]

Because God is as God MUST BE; Just and Fair.:slight_smile:

Isaiah 55: 6-11 “Seek ye the Lord, while he may be found: call upon him, while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unjust man his thoughts, and let him return to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God: for he is bountiful to forgive. For my thoughts are not your thoughts: nor your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are exalted above the earth, so are my ways exalted above your ways, and my thoughts above your thoughts. [And as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and return no more thither, but soak the earth, and water it, and make it to spring, and give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be, which shall go forth from my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall do whatsoever I please, and shall prosper in the things for which I sent it”

Sex is a gift from God with two goals: Procreation AS A POSSIBILITY [God’s option] and marriage Unity:

It boils down to this:

Who;s In CHARGE?

Our All Wise God gives us only TWO options:
Either He is permitted to be OR we assume those risk ourselves.

Our Catechism

2399 The regulation of births represents one of the aspects of responsible fatherhood and motherhood. Legitimate intentions on the part of the spouses do not justify recourse to morally unacceptable means (for example, direct sterilization or contraception).

1652 “By its very nature the institution of marriage and married love is ordered to the procreation and education of the offspring and it is in them that it finds its crowning glory.”

“Children are the supreme gift of marriage and contribute greatly to the good of the parents themselves. God himself said: “It is not good that man should be alone,” and “from the beginning [he] made them male and female”; wishing to associate them in a special way in his own creative work, God blessed man and woman with the words: “Be fruitful and multiply.” Hence, true married love and the whole structure of family life which results from it, without diminishment of the other ends of marriage, are directed to disposing the spouses to cooperate valiantly with the love of the Creator and Savior, who through them will increase and enrich his family from day to day”

When God Choose to Create man He commanded them:Gen. 1:28 “And God blessed them, saying: Increase and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and all living creatures that move upon the earth”

One can understand that from God’s perspective that prohibiting POSSIBLE conception is as egregious to Him as is Murder.

Sex is in a sense “marriage cement” intended to reward and bind those in closeness to each other and to God Himself.:slight_smile:

Thanks for asking,

Patrick

To say that this person is your fiance means basically, someone you are not yet married to.

I’m not saying this against you, but I hear tons of people using this term to justify the fact that they have an intimate relationship with some person, but they are not married. There is the claim that the intention is there, but whatever the case may be, the two persons are not yet married. It is not an act of charity to have sex with someone you are not married to. It is bringing them into a shared sin that is grave in its matter.

I see a significant lack of real charity in this action.

In the first place even if you are in a state of mortal sin that does not mean you are going to Hell. Only those who die in a state of mortal sin go to Hell. Those of us sinners who are still alive have until our dying breath to repent and be saved.

Having said that, and that some mortal sin are worse than others, it does not matter which mortal sin you commit because if you die in a state of mortal sin you go immediately to Hell no matter which mortal sin is on your soul at death.

The punishment isn’t for the sexual act or the act of murder. It’s for consciously telling God, “No”. We’ve been told what to do and in a lot of cases, what not to do and we have to consciously turn our back on God and tell him no.

Telling God No is much more serious than adultery, fornication or murder.

In the Garden of Eden, Eve and Adam basically told God “No”. He gave them the entire garden and told them not to eat from the one tree. They refused to obey God.

When we sin, we too, like Adam and Eve, refuse to obey God. He gives us so much and asks for so little but we basically tell God, “No”. No, we refuse to obey the little you ask.

You say you know what a mortal sin is so you know the three conditions:

Grave matter
Full knowledge
Deliberate consent

The sanctity of life and sex are going to make all sins having to do with life and sexuality grave matter. It seems like you can see the seriousness when it comes to issues of life and death so consider that sexual intercourse can make another human being. The creation of another soul is a big deal.

[QUOT]E=Bruised Reed;12794980]You say you know what a mortal sin is so you know the three conditions:

Grave matter
Full knowledge
Deliberate consent

The sanctity of life and sex are going to make all sins having to do with life and sexuality grave matter. It seems like you can see the seriousness when it comes to issues of life and death so consider that sexual intercourse can make another human being. The creation of another soul is a big deal.

AND, AND a SINCERE desire to change, or at least SERIOUSLY attempt to change that behavior:thumbsup: And God reads our hearts.

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.