Dignity for elderly suffering

Please pray for my friend Petunia.
She is a diabetic amputee, shuffled from nursing home to hospital and back.
The nursing home accidentally disenrolled her when she was sent for bloodwork; now the hospital wants to discharge her. My friend can no longer live at home. So she’s effectively homeless. :heart: She is not getting enough attention by providers.
They are basically ignoring her to death, her daughter says. Letting little problems pile up.
I feel this is the result of the medical atmosphere of today. If it is perceived that you will not get substantially better, quickly, it is the unspoken wish that you pass away sooner rather than later. She’s only 65.
Include a prayer that I will be a faithful friend.
Thank you and God bless.:heart:

Praying very hard for Petunia!

Thank you!

I’m saddened by what is happening for Petunia.
Jesus have mercy on her.
St Francis please pray for her, that her life will become blessed by peace and good things.

Oh my dear I am so saddened by this. I am asking God to help Petunia and what a wonderful friend you are in asking for prayers on her behalf. I can identify somewhat with Petunia. My mom is 84 and lives with me and my husband. She had no where to go after my dad passed. My husband has pancreatic cancer, I am unemployed, we lost our home to foreclosure and have filed bankruptcy. It is the worst it has ever been and I know tears are falling from Jesus just looking around at this economy and the way elders are treated. I am at a loss for words but I do care and will pray very hard for her and for you.
Diane

It’s so sad how people treat the sick and the elderly. Praying for her and her care providers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Still praying for Petunia.

Praying for your intentions!

Thank you every one for your prayers. I feel consoled to see she has some help. When I find out more I will post.
Peace,
Deb

still praying

Since i’m not family I am not high on the list for information. As soon as I do I will post.
Deb

:extra happy: :dancing::clapping: :love:

She’s baaaacckk! Back at the nursing home! YAY! Thanks for your prayers. She was able to call me.

God Bless you!
Deb

Thank you GOD!!!:gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.