Diocese of Jackson< MS

Dh and I will be in the Jackson, MS area for a wedding next week. We’ll be staying near Brookhaven on Saturday and going to Mass there on Sunday. Does anyone know anything about St. Francis of Assisi in Brookhaven? Other churches nearby? --KCT

My Brother N Law and Sis N Law are in that parish. Here is some info about Mass times:

227 East Cherokee
P. O. Box 196
Brookhaven, MS 39602-0196
Telephone (601) 833-1799
Fax (601) 833-7756
Founded in 1866

Pastor: Reverend Patrick Noonan
Pastoral Minister: Sister Mary Matthew McCloskey, R.S.M.
Masses: Saturday Vigil - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday - 9:30 a.m.
Spanish - First Sunday - 2:00 p.m.
Weekdays - Monday, Friday 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday 6:00 p.m.
Thursday 12:10 p.m.
Holy Day Vigil - 6:00 p.m.
Confessions: Saturday 5:15 p.m. and by request
Mission: Meadville, St. Ann

Hope you enjoy your stay in Mississippi!

[quote=H Opey]My Brother N Law and Sis N Law are in that parish. Here is some info about Mass times:
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. —KCT

Ohhh, go to the Mayflower and have the grilled Amberjack with the fries, and the bread pudding…

Or go to Bill’s Greek Tavern, have the Redfish and the custard for dessert…

Or go to Cresheles (sp) - again, the redfish.

I love eating in Jackson!

[quote=kage_ar]Ohhh, go to the Mayflower and have the grilled Amberjack with the fries, and the bread pudding…

Or go to Bill’s Greek Tavern, have the Redfish and the custard for dessert… Or go to Cresheles (sp) - again, the redfish. I love eating in Jackson!
[/quote]

Hmm . . . we do have to eat (non meat!) somewhere between the airport and the rehearsal dinner. They’re Presbyterian, so the rehearsal dinner will probably be meat. We told them we’d be there in time for dessert. —KCT

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.