Discerning Studying Part-Time

I recently just landed a contract job in my field, and so far I'm loving it. getting a job is a big-time answer to my wife's and mine prayers! The reason I'm posting this is something that I've been thinking about for a bit is taking some courses on Canon Law. There's something about Canon Law that fascinates me and the more I learn about the nuances of it, the more I want to learn. It would also help with my RCIA instructing and youth ministry that I do as well.

The issue is that I don't feel called, nor is it practical, for me to stop working full time. We're also expecting our first child this winter, so obviously this won't be happening until next fall at the earliest. This will be a long journey, one that will take a few years. I'm not sure if I'm called to get a degree or anything, but if it comes to that it will come to that I want that to be an option. The school that offers Canon Law here in Ottawa is shockingly quite good, but I'm not sure I can commit to courses while still working full-time and a young child. They also have mandatory placements, which I can't exactly do if I'm rocking full-time work. I'm hoping that I can find a correspondence course that I can work on at home as I work full time.

So, I'm asking for prayers. And if anyone knows any correspondence/long distance learning for Canon Law that would be wonderful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.