DIscerning the Diaconate (Book Recomendation)

Hi All,

My wife and I have been discerning the Diaconate. Just yesterday we had our initial interview and all went well and we are moving on to the 2nd Interview

During the interview it the person conducting the it was very focused on the fact I am a Franciscan. He asked a lot of questions regarding Franciscan Spirituality, this really caught me off guard since I was not prepared for that. After the interview he suggested I read up more on the Diaconate and find the parallels between it and Franciscanism and that Francis is the model of what a Deacon is.

He did not recommend a particular book. Can anyone recommend a book on the Order of Deacons and in Particular their Spirituality.

Peace and all good,

Mike, SFO

I'd suggest, since you are involved with the Franciscans, that you simply talk about it with Franciscan priesters or deacons. Life experience is more valuable and offers more insights then a book.

Francis was a Deacon afterall! :)

usccb.org/deacon/infores.shtml

101 Questions and Answers On Deacons by William Ditewig, the Executive Director of the Secretariat for the Diaconate at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in Washington, DC. He was ordained a deacon for the Archdiocese of Washington in 1990.

Peace + All Good

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.