Discerning the next step

Hello All,
I am new to the forums and hope you might be able to offer me some advice. I was in a wonderful religious community for two years (Postulant and Novice) and recently returned to the world. I am still trying to adjust to being back, and am experiencing a great deal of confusion over the whole experience. I thought I was happy, however I was constantly struggling over various things with my superiors, and ultimately began struggling with being depressed about three weeks ago I made the decision to leave. I’m dealing with my health issues, and finding out that my depression may be due to some food allergies.
I still feel like I may have a calling to religious life, after all, I didn’t leave because I wanted to be married or in the world, I just felt like I wasn’t capable of being what my superiors wanted me to be. I am seeking out a good spiritual director for help as well.
Without rambling any longer, I wonder if any of you have any advice. Or have any of you experienced what it is like to leave religious life.
May God Bless you.

I have no experience with this group so I can’t vouch for them, but they may be worth checking out: leonieslonging.org/#!/?page_id=19

She’s legit.

So is this:

Ancillaries in the Heart of the Church
groups.yahoo.com/group/ancillaries/

Within the membership of this yahoo group, some have formed another association of the faithful in which the members retain their own spirituality and have just a couple of prayers that they voluntarily pray. The group members also are encouraged to vent their frustrations after having been in the convent and either chose to leave or were sent away. Some have been able to move forward with their vocations, or have discerned lay life as their calling. At any rate, the group members have been able to calm themselves enough to hear the Holy Ghost’s whisperings and leadings.

Blessings,
Cloisters

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.