Discerning the Trappists, St. Joseph's Abbey

Hello All,

I am discerning a vocation to the Trappist order, namely to St. Joseph's Abbey in Spencer. I have requested information from them and am waiting, in the meantime does anyone here have any pertinent info on them? I know this is probably not the proper place to ask but I was curious to see if anyone has visited there and what their impression of the community and their way of life.

In Christ,

Radulfus

Hi Radulfus :wave:

I don't know anything about St. Joseph's Abbey. But I was wondering, if this isn't too nosy, what attracted you to them? Why did they stand out, among the other Trappist monasteries?

[quote="radulfus, post:1, topic:199977"]
Hello All,

I am discerning a vocation to the Trappist order, namely to St. Joseph's Abbey in Spencer. I have requested information from them and am waiting, in the meantime does anyone here have any pertinent info on them? I know this is probably not the proper place to ask but I was curious to see if anyone has visited there and what their impression of the community and their way of life.

In Christ,

Radulfus

[/quote]

What I know about them is that they make vestments. Also a few people I know went on retreat there and loved it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.